Friday, December 3, 2010

Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies

Doesn't the name of this cookie make you want to try one? Once you see how easy they are to make you will definitely want to bake a batch or two for yourself!
Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
*1-8 ounce brick of cream cheese, softened
*1 stick of butter at room temperature
*1 egg
*1tsp vanilla
*1-18 ounce box of chocolate cake mix
*Powered sugar
Preheat over to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, cream the cheese and butter, beat in egg, then vanilla. Add cake mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up.
Roll into tablespoon sized balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will remain gooey. Dust with more powered sugar.
I love the way they crackle when baked. They have a rich, creamy flavor and they are so soft, moist and gooey.
I think I would like to try this using a red velvet cake mix. Pretty sure that would be wonderful too. You could probably even add a little peppermint extract as well for a completely different flavored cookie. Easy and delicious, don't you think!
I am joining all the other girls at How Sweet the Sound for a very special recipe edition of Pink Saturday. Go bake up some of these yummy Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies, have a glass of milk, and see what everyone else is baking up!

7 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I've heard of chocolate gooey cake but not cookies. Oh man! Sounds heavenly!
I'm the newest follower of your lovely blog and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
Happy PS!
tammy@ www.beatricebanks.blogspot.com

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

p.s. I adore the name of your blog!

Jan Hennings said...

num! These look delish!

Nancy said...

Another cake mix cookie! Perfect since I have been looking for those. Happy Pink Saturday!

Donnie said...

That recipe sounds so good and I love your photos. I'm drooling. Happy Pink Saturday.

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

Hi Trisha,

WOW! My diet is sooo gone now! These look so good and how simple the recipe sounds, thank you for sharing it!

Hugs'
Catlyn

Tiffanee said...

YUM!! These look so delicious!! Save me a few.