Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Initially Yours Swap

If your name is Tiffany from The Cranky Queen-do not read this post until after you have received your package!! =o)
I recently participated in a swap over at It's a Very Cherry World called Initially Yours. We were to create anything we wanted for our partners, making sure to use their initial somewhere in our project. My partner was Tiffany of The Cranky Queen. As you can see from the creation above, I got lucky! She created such a beautiful piece of altered art for me!
Every inch of this has something that I love! It is vintage French inspired, using my favorite colors-aqua and pink, my favorite flowers-roses, and a place a I hope to visit someday-Paris, as well as the name of my blog-Glass Slippers in French!Here is my "T". I love that she did it in aqua surrounded by pink!
To see the pictures that Tiffany took of the creation she made for me (she is a much better photographer than I am,) click here.

And here is what I made for her. It should be arriving to her by Thursday-I didn't realize it needed to be to her by June 13th-what a slacker! I promise it is on its way Tiffany!
I honestly had no idea what I was going to make for her. There were tons of ideas going through my head. As I worked, it all just started to come to me and I love the way it turned out! The background is vintage sheet music that I darkened with some coffee. Vintage lace is on either side. This is set in a white, distressed frame.
One of the things Tiffany said she liked was vintage dogs. I found this cute little blue faced dog at a local antique shop and had to add it to this! Behind the dog is a burlap rosette that I made with an old button in the center.
Tiffany also collects crowns-of course The Cranky Queen probably has lot's of those! Two of the vintage buttons that I used had crowns on them, just for her! I kept the colors scheme to whites and ivories mostly, and I think it looks fantastic! I used some pretty white roses in one corner and a vintage, embroidered hankey in the other. On one side of the frame is a jute rope and the other side has some creamy crinkled seam binding. Of course a large, distressed white crown with some bling tops off the "T"-the center of this creation!
I can't wait for Tiffany to receive this! I had such a great time creating it for her and I hope she likes it! Participating in these swaps are so much fun! I love creating things for others and getting something in return! If you haven't participated in one, you should definitely give it a try!



Linking up to:

Faith, Grace and Crafts: Pearls and Lace Thursday
Faded Charm: White Wednesday

6 comments:

Holly said...

Hi Trisha~
You did an awesome job! She will love that! I think that I want to get more involved in swaps - they are so much fun to give and receive!
many blessings!

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, both T's are great! You guys did awesome jobs on your creations!

Unknown said...

Greetings from the Land of Dixie, My Dearest Trisha: Receive the package in the mail yesterday and I loved it! You put so much thought into creating it just for me. The little dog was adorable! I was honored to receive your gift. Thank you & blessings for a wonderful summer! Tiffany (See my post later in the day because I will be showcasing you)

Doni said...

How sweet! You did a wonderful job. You know she will be so excited to get something so pretty and personal. Thanks so much for joining me for Pearls and Lace Thursday!! Blessings, Doni

Lorraine said...

Those are both soooo lovely!! Clearly a lot of thought went into them. Swaps are so fun, aren't they?

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Both of these are just darling! What a great job. I participated in this swap also. It was my first blog swap. I had alot of fun. I posted my goods from Sena on my blog. Tried to post it on Sues blog. It had already closed. I made a songbird stitchery for her. Forgot to take a pic. She's out of town for two more weeks. Sure hope she likes it.