Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Angel Wings & Faded Charm Wins

Angels have always been a favorite of mine. I have a huge collection of angel figurines that date back to when I was in Junior High. We redecorated my bedroom in roses and angels and I was always on the lookout for a new angel to add to the collection. It seems that I am seeing a lot of angel wing ornaments this year and I love them. Of course I had to make some myself!
Just the simple shape of the angel wings is so pretty. But add some vintage French script, glitter, rhinestones and some crinkled seam binding and it is beautiful and elegant! They are fun to make too!
I recently won a fabulous giveaway from Kathleen at Faded Charm. She sent the sweetest package of goodies. They just so happened to arrive on Saturday when I was sick with the flu, so that made me feel just a little better!
I love this cone covered in sheet music, white feathers and a beautiful image of Mary and baby Jesus. It fits in perfectly on my tree.
I love this big burlap stocking with pretty white ruffles. Tucked inside is a vintage music card. I have it hanging on the chair where I do my blogging.
And this cute little bottle brush tree sits atop a vintage spool wrapped in sheet music. I think it looks just right next to the birdhouse my grandpa made for me!
Thank you so much Kathleen-I love my gifts!
Linking up with:

13 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Trisha~Love your angel wings just soooo pretty :)
How special is your gorgeous bird house, your grandpa made for you :)

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas :)

o~Mari

Faded Charm said...

Love your little angel wings Trisha and I'm so glad you like all your goodies. They look like they were meant to be in your home:-)

Merry Christmas!

xoxo
Kathleen

Bente said...

Thank you for sweet words.
Those angelwings are just beautiful. I have to try makeing them. I also love angels and roses so much.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Hugs from Bente

Red Rose Alley said...

Your Angel wings are lovely. Do you know that I used to collect Angels too? They are very special to me. I have seen a lot of the angel wings lately, and I love them. Your Grandpa's birdhouse is a treasure. Merry Christmas!!
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Jacqueline said...

I love all of your fun gifts and your angel wings are perfect. I should try some of those! There just isn't enough time!

I have to say that I have seen the ruffled skirt on Pinterest and wanted to try that too! Yours is by far the prettiest I have seen. I don't know if it is your fabric or the tiny folds you made but it is fantastic! I WANT MORE TIME BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!! And I want to make one as cute as yours! (BTW - pinning it!)

Unknown said...

SWEET!!! I love your decorations! These are adorable! :)

Hugs,

Unknown said...

I love your angel wings too, and your wonderful gifts as well. The really special thing is your sweet birdhouse......
Merry Christmas....
xojana

Debra@CommonGround said...

Such great Faded Charm goodies, and love your angel wing ornaments. thanks so much for linking up the fun, Merry Christmas, xo!

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

The angel wings are so pretty. Just love the birdhouse and the fact that your grandfather made it for you!

Libbie said...

I love those angel wings! All your decorations turned out beautiful but I too have a thing for angels especially at Christmas!

Thanks for your kind words today Trish! I am so encourage by friends around the world caring :) So thanks :)
Merry Christmas!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, this is all so precious--How wonderful that you won it from Kathleen! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!!!
XO
Cindy

Suzanne said...

Hi Trisha,
What a beautiful ornament you made! And the goodies from Kathleen are absolutely adorable!
I'm sorry to hear you had the flu. Hope you're healthy and ready to enjoy the festivities:)
Hugs,
Suzanne

Holly said...

So beautiful, Trisha! You have the touch!
Happy New Year!
Holly