Sunday, July 20, 2014

Vintage Chenille Bedspread

 I love it when I find something that I have been on the look out for at a great price.  Vintage Chenille has been on my list for awhile and last weekend I hit the jackpot!  I found this amazing Chenille bedspread at a yard sale for $12!
 It is pink with white roses--2 of my favorite things and it is in excellent condition.  I intend to use it in my camper, but until then, it is being used on our bed.  I love the size of and the way it drapes over all 3 sides of the bed so well.  
 The lady was selling quite a few Chenille pieces but I only bought one.  Of course now I am kicking myself for not buying more at such a great price.
 I am sure Cody just loves having pink and roses on our bed, but he never says anything and goes with it. This isn't the first pink and roses thing he has had to endure!  I do let him do what he wants on his side of the bedroom.  You might see guns and Hot Wheels in some of these pictures.
 I only see a few of the pom poms missing on this bedspread which isn't bad for this vintage piece.  I believe it is Fieldcrest Imperial Rose and according to Etsy, I could have easily paid over $200 for this!  I love a deal that good. 
This is going to look good in my camper but I think I will have to find more Chenille so I can have one in the camper and one at home!

Linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Show & Share Tuesday
Inspire Me Tuesday
Knick of Time Tuesday
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday 
Centerpiece Wednesday

13 comments:

Susie said...

Well I love your new bedspread..My MIL had one just like it so many years ago. I am thinking 40 at least. Yours still looks very good. Not really a bad price either. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Very pretty, Trisha! Wonderful find!

White Lace and Promises said...

It is beautiful and $12 at a yard sale??? I bought a white one of Ebay for $10 but had to pay that much for shipping. Love the color

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love chenille, so soft and cozy!

Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...

Blessings,
Cindy

Debby Ray said...

There's nothing that reminds me of childhood memories anymore than a chenille bedspread. I have a white one, although it is not vintage like this one. What a find at only $12!! Beautiful color too!

Laurel Stephens said...

Oh, I just love chenille, too. Your new bedspread is so pretty and in amazing condition. What a great yard sale score!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Shut the door!!! That is my dream bedspread, pink and white!!! What a find, that's what keeps us junking, finds like that!!

Carol

Donna Wilkes said...

I love the vintage chenille spread. I remember growing up in the sixties pulling the little tufts out while talking with friends!

Jenny's Heart said...

You always find such great deals! Lovely.
Oh and I love the camper too.

Donna said...

I just love your chenille bedspread, Trisha! The roses are so pretty, and the pom poms are just too sweet! You scored a real bargain:)

Ivy and Elephants said...

Chenille is so pretty, and holds so many childhood memories for me. The pink is such a pretty color and the rose pattern is just divine! Great find.
Hugs,
Patti

Sandi said...

Love it! I have one of these in light blue and one in white. I paid $4 for the blue one at a garage sale and probably got the other one at the Goodwill. Hmm...maybe time to sell them if they fetch that much! HA!
Blessings~

Sarah said...

Just so much impressed finding this home decor loving post. Perhaps this one was the most cherished read and experience today as I was also a fan of Chenille Bedspreads. Those look really beautiful.