Monday, August 25, 2014

Vintage Finds for the Camper

 I have been on the hunt for pieces to put in our camper. Surprisingly, I haven't found much.  I did however find a few things this past weekend that I can't wait to put in our camper.  We haven't been up there since 4th of July and I am itching to go back up there soon!
 These vintage thermoses are so adorable!  I even have a plaid blanket that will go perfect with the red one.  I paid $1.50 for each of these.  Can't wait to get them in the camper!
 The tray they are sitting on was also $1.50.  I can picture sitting on the bed holding magazines and a glass of wine in the evening or a cup of tea in the morning.  What do you think...should I paint it or leave it like it is?
 This napkin holder/ salt and pepper set was not a thrifty find but I couldn't pass up the chippy white paint and chicken wire.  This has already found its home in my kitchen.
 I also came across this box of vintage cards for $2.  The roses sold me and after going through all the cards, I knew I made the right choice to buy them!
 I decided that this year I would enter some photos into the County Fair.  I decided this at the last minute of course.  I sent the photos to Costco to be printed first thing in the morning, picked them up at lunch, took them home and mounted them after work and rushed them to the fair.  I didn't know what to expect but out of the 5 pictures I entered, 2 of them won 2nd place!  Cody was so proud of me that he framed my winning photos, ribbons and 2 dollar bill in a vintage window frame.  I am so happy that I won something and look forward to entering next year!
Wishing everyone a wonderful week.  I don't know about you, but I am so ready for Fall!

Linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday
Show & Share
Inspire Me Tuesday
Vintage Inspiration
Centerpiece Wednesday
Share Your Cup Thursday
What's It Wednesday
Simple & Sweet Friday

8 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

How fun to win at the fair! Good for you! Love your wonderful thermoses!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congratulations on winning with two of your photos! How neat! Love your 'new' thermoses, too! They are so much fun! Hugs!

CraftyHope said...

Those camper finds are precious. I like the tray as it is, but I'm sure something super cute could be made from it too!

As for your big win, CONGRATS! That's really awesome.

Stacey Johnson said...

Love your vintage finds! I collect Thermos' and have never seen that plaid. Happy Hunting! Stacey at The Gluten Free Pastor's Wife.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves old thermoses. I just saw one someone had made into a lamp and it was adorable.

Your collection looks even better by grouping them together.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Trisha, I collect vintage thermoses and those are both great finds for a great price. I have a large and a small plaid one. I did snag the sm. one for $2, but I think the large was $10. They will be perfect in your camper. I kindof like the tray as is, a bit funky. Congrats on winning! And thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Jenny's Heart said...

You always find the best bits! Email me we are partners for the cookie cutter swap :)

ThrifterSisters said...

Those Thermoses are awesome! I just recently started collecting them and have found quite a few. I'd leave that tray as is. It goes really well with the retro look of your trailer.

~Erica