Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pallet Signs

For some crazy reason, I told my friend that I would do a craft show with her next weekend.  What was I thinking?!  My weekends are so precious and the last thing I want to do is spend my whole Saturday sitting at a craft fair.  But I never spend anytime with this friend and I have so many creations that I should probably try to sell.  I am sure I will have so much fun when I am there and maybe I will make a little extra money too!
Luckily I have a lot of things already made up but I wanted to make some new things too.  Cody brought a few pallets home from work and I put him to work cutting them up for me.  These simple signs are just a piece of the pallet that I painted with a bit of watered down paint.  The "o" in LOVE is a felt rose.
 The lace and pearl trim take these signs from just rustic to rustic and romantic.  I just have to decide if I want to make them hang by pearls or something else altogether.  I love these signs and would totally buy one so hopefully others will too!
I will have to take pictures of all the things I am going to be selling.  I really do have some great things! 
And I just had to share these adorable little ceramic pilgrims.  I bought them at a thrift store for $1.50 and I just adore them.  I think that someone must have painted them at a ceramics shop because there are no markings.  The person who painted them did an amazing job!  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays so my house is all decked out in the few Thanksgiving decorations that I have and these just might be my favorites!

Linking up with:

13 comments:

Donna said...

I just love your signs, Trisha! Especially the light blue-aqua painted one! I think they will be a hit at the sale! How about hanging them from wire, for a bit of a rustic touch? Best of luck at the sale!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Trisha, I too love your signs you made and wish you a lot of luck with your sale. I love the thanksgiving statues, they are just adorable. Take care.
Julie

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE your love signs - how gorgeous!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Hi Trisha!
Your LOVE signs are super cute! I bet you'll do great at the fair!
Those pilgrims were a wonderful find! :)
Have a great week.
Erica

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You're going to have so much fun at the craft show and I hope it's a huge success. No doubt your pallet signs will sell, love the felt rose. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

bj said...

The Love signs are wonderful....

Betty said...

Hi Trisha, craft fairs are always allot of work but soo much fun!
Hope you do well. So excited to be your swap partner at Golden Egg Vintage. Hugs,

srpprcrftr said...

Trisha I am so glad to have clicked on your post. I love your love signs. We have lots of pallet wood we could make these signs with. We are going to be in a craft show on 12/13 and I need to make some smalls to sell. From experiences prior shows (while ago now) the smalls and less expensive items will sell since people need to make their money go in many directions. I'm sure hoping anyway.
I have lots of lace and some of that pearl ribbon so I'll be digging out some of materials to make these tomorrow. So glad you shared this as I was instantly drawn to them. You make rustic look so appealing.
Hope you are enjoying the season.

LV said...

Very nice. You did a super job on the signs. I am sure you will do well at the sale.

Shabbyprimdelights said...

Love the signs...very shabby sweet. HPS Michelle

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Your signs are cute Trisha! Hope the craft fair is a success. The little pilgrims are cute and I am sure that someone made them. I did lots of ceramics like that years ago. I still have the ceramic turkey I glazed. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

The Charm of Home said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Thanks so much for linking!