Saturday, April 11, 2015

Spring Coffee Table Vignette

My coffee table needed a new look once I put away all the Easter decorations.  I wanted something that would incorporate my living room colors and have a spring touch.  Here is what I came up with.
I gotta say that I love it!  I shopped my house for all of it, except for the hydrangeas.  Those were from the dollar store so this vignette only cost me $2.  Now that's my kind of decorating! 
I made a little nest out of some moss and set it in a vintage zinc jar lid.  The little eggs are the perfect aqua color.   The birds I have had for years and got them at Michael's.  I don't particularly like real birds, so these ceramic birds with crowns are right up my alley.
This vintage crystal door knob was a steal of a deal at a yard sale a couple years ago.  When I asked how much the lady wanted and she told me 25 cents, I am sure my jaw hit the floor.  Too bad there was only one! 
I love the way the silk hydrangeas look under my cloche in that aqua Ball jar.  I wish I could grow real hydrangeas and dry them, but the desert heat in Idaho is just too much for them so silk will have to do for now. 
My couch is extra comfy with lots of pillows and blankets in browns and aquas.  It has been pretty cold here lately so the blankets will be getting a little more use for a little while longer. The corner seat is the best seat in the house because you literally sink in! 
My book stack has seen better days.  They were all in really good shape until one day I caught Grady chewing on them.  They had sat there for years and he didn't touch them...I don't know what he was doing!  I still like the way they look chewed and all. 
Do you think I should paint the tray that this is all sitting in?  I have had it for years and use it to take stuff from the kitchen to the patio when we Barbecue in the summer.  If I were to paint it, what color would you suggest? 
I got a subscription to Romantic Homes and love getting my new issue each month.  I read the whole magazine cover to cover and set them on the coffee table for others to enjoy.  I always love to see if any of my blogger friends have been published...what an honor that would be!  
The coffee table was given to me by my grandma and when I got it, it was shiny brown.  A little white paint and some distressing and it was just my style!  I gotta say that I love my coffee table vignette in my living room and I hope that you enjoyed it too!

Linking up with:

22 comments:

Stephanie said...

Simply beautiful! I adore old books so seeing yours put a smile on my face :) Thanks for sharing your loveliness with us. Have a wonderful Sunday! Hugs

Kelly-Anne said...

Your coffee table vingette os simply charming, Trisha! You've added such pretty items...
And the little nest is so sweet - perfect for springtime!
I think the tray is lovely as it is or painted...what colour, though, I have no idea!
Oh, and I love rustic looking books - they add a vintage charm to your vingette!
And let me thank you for the follow and your sweet comment...I am so glad to have met you!
Have a blessed Sunday, Trisha!
Love,
Kelly-Anne

Donna said...

I just love your coffee table vignette, Trisha! Even better that you shopped your home for nearly all of it! Those birds are so sweet, and I am loving your cloche! Ihad to laugh over the doggie chewed books! I wish I could put cute things on our coffee table, but Katie thinks anything put there is free game:) Yes, I would paint the tray!! I couldn't tell what colors were in the base, but it looks like some blues and pinks? I think I would pull out one of those colors to paint the sides.

Lady of the Manor said...

Lovely vignette. Isn't it amazing how a cloche can highlight ordinary things?!

Laurel Stephens said...

Your vignette is beautiful, Trisha. It really brings spring inside!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Fabulous vignette. Love the little birdies.

Christine said...

I came by from Roses of Inspiration as your vignette is so pretty it caught my eye!
Everything works so well together!
Hope we can follow each other and be inspired!

JES said...

Love the spring vignette filled with so many of my favorite things! :) I vote to paint the tray white. You can never go wrong with a cottage white :) I am visiting from Roses of Inspiration and will be following along. Have a lovely week!

Scrappy quilter said...

I love it. So brings the touch of spring into your home.

Christina Paul said...

This is lovely! - what a great idea to do a homemade nest - I have the same little bird with crown in my guest room but wish i had gotten a pair. I vote painting the tray a shabby white too, maybe a chalky paint.
Cheers

Stephanie said...

I am so, so glad you shared this pretty post with Roses of Inspiration - thank you, my dear :) Have a lovely day! Hugs!

Stacey said...

Really pretty vignette. Anything with birds always catches my eye. Love the painted table too.

Sandra Lee said...

My coffee table is longing for a new vignette, thanks for the idea!

Tamara said...

oh..so many sweet and colorful details! I can't decide which is my favorite.. You have a lovely blog :) Thank you for sharing your cheerful vignette!

Best wishes for your weekend <3
Tamara

Unknown said...

I love the detail and the different textures you have put together. Perfect springtime touch! Stopping by from Sweet n Simple Fridays.

JES said...

So glad you linked up your lovely vignette with the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :) We hope to see you next week Trisha :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love this vignette Trisha. Perfect for Spring! Trays are great for corralling pretties together. Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Stephanie said...

Hello lovely friend! Your beautiful post has been featured at Roses of Inspiration today. Thank you for joining the party and I hope you're able to join us again. Hugs!

The Charm of Home said...

Great spring look! Thank you for joining HSH!

Anonymous said...

Your coffee table vignette is lovely! I love the little birds! Thank you for sharing with us.

SK on Elderberry said...

So pretty. sk

SK on Elderberry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.