Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Be Brave Baylee

Not too long ago, I stumbled upon a story about a 15 year old burn victim who was crowned Homecoming Princess by her fellow classmates.  I was immediately sucked into Baylee's story and followed her Facebook page-Be Brave Baylee from that day forward.  I looked forward to reading the updates every evening and found myself thinking about her and praying for her on a regular basis.  On Sunday, when they posted that Baylee was being taken off of life support, my heart sank.  I so badly wanted to be able to follow her journey to recovery, no matter how long that took.  And last night, when they posted that Baylee passed away peacefully, surrounded by family and friends, the tears were unstoppable.  I cannot even begin to imagine all that her family has been through or all that Baylee had to endure.  So many times we hear that things happen for a reason, but this tragedy just makes no sense.  I find myself thinking about her non-stop today and I am amazed by all the people that her life touched.  In the 4 months since her accident, she has gained tens of thousands of people praying for her every single minute of every single day.  Although I do not know her or her family personally, I feel like I know them just from what they have shared.  And I share just a small portion of their pain but know that in heaven, Baylee is no longer in pain or suffering.  Sometimes when I am frustrated that everyone around me is having babies except me, I just remember that things could be a lot worse.  I think of Baylee who won't get to fall in love or have a wedding or have babies, and I remind myself to be thankful for having a life.  Baylee, I know that your life was cut unfairly short and in the end you suffered so much pain, but you have touched so many lives and made so many people better just by sharing your story with us.  Heaven is indeed rejoicing with you now there.  Rest in peace beautiful girl.  You have touched my life and for that, I will forever be grateful!
  

No comments: