Sunday, February 7, 2016

Farmhouse Chic Bathroom Makeover

Our bathroom makeover isn't 100% complete, but I am too excited to wait any longer to share it with you!  Come take a look inside my Farmhouse Chic master bathroom.
Here is what it looked like before.  Carpet on the floors, plain white walls and yucky gold fixtures.
 
The only thing I liked about this bathroom was the big soaker tub in the corner and the double sinks.  
The first thing we did was to paint.  We chose a blue-ish grey color called Icicles.  We painted 3/4 of the wall from the ceiling down and left the bottom 1/4 white.  A white chair railing was put all around. 
Then we ripped out the nasty carpet and laid down vinyl tiles.  It looks so much better!  Stained barnwood trims out the bathtub and adds such a pretty, rustic look.
There were no medicine cabinets and since we were doing all of this on a very small budget, we decided to stain some pallet pieces and make floating shelves to hang and use for storage.  I got Mason Jar soap dispensers from World Market instead of making them myself.  I think it actually saved me some money doing it that way. Clearly I have way more stuff than Cody!
We used pieces of pallet and barnwood where we could.  The toilet paper holder was painted white and distressed and then screwed onto a piece of pallet.  It's much sturdier now. 
We took another piece of pallet and added an old hook to it.  These act as towel holders for both sinks.  I made stain using vinegar and steel wool and I love the way it made the wood turn a pretty grey. 
Of course I had fun accessorizing and put my little white crate to use as a wash cloth holder on the back of the toilet.  A jar of white hydrangeas is the perfect farmhouse touch. 
Cody painted the cabinets white and distressed them.  I got the knobs for 50% off at Hobby Lobby. 
I love taking baths and always like to have as little light as possible.  My vintage mirrored tray has candles to be lit and a romantic book bundle sitting on it.  It will also be the perfect place to set a glass of wine! 
It has been so much fun putting this bathroom together.  We have done our best to keep costs down and I think we did a pretty good job. 
My candle chandelier has been looking for a home of its own since I got it a few years ago for Christmas.  This bathroom makeover was inspired by it and I think that I created the perfect place for it!

The wall above the bathtub will soon have crates for towel storage and we still need to stain and put up the trim along the floor.  But for now, I am loving it just like this. 
I will probably put up some more decorations and of course when I do, I will show you those too. 
I hope you enjoyed the tour of my new Farmhouse Chic bathroom! 
Linking up with:

20 comments:

Romantic Country Living said...

Looks great! Love the details. And i agree about the soap dispenser. I bought the same one! Such a time/money saver with that one.

Mimi said...

Trisha, everything you do is so pretty! Please come and share at Five Star Frou-Frou? Love, Mimi xxx

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

It look just wonderful!

Unknown said...

Looks great, somewhere to relax!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your bath looks wonderful, Trisha. I love your chandy hanging in there and the white distressed wood. Great job! Thanks for sharing with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

Well done! I love the chandelier! What a wonderful space for a relaxing bath.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Great job, I love the tub surround what a great rustic idea!

Carol

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love how soothing the colour you chose for the walls is. It makes it a perfect room to relax in a bath.

Ana Love Craft said...

Great work Trisha! Your bath looks wonderful, love it! Amazing details!
Happy Valentin!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

God's Grace Overflows said...

Your bathroom is beautiful! I love the touches of barn wood. And the chandelier is perfect!

Blessings, Amy

God's Grace Overflows said...

Your bathroom is beautiful! I love the touches of barn wood. And the chandelier is perfect!

Blessings, Amy

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Trisha,
Your bathroom looks so nice and you did a great job!
Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
Have a Happy Valentines Day.
Julie xo

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You did an amazing job. Love all your pretty details and the fact you did it all on a budget. Thanks for sharing at Talk of the Town.

Jennifer said...

It looks lovely!! I love how you made it so rustic but feminine and comfortable. The bunting may be my favorite part! So cute! Thanks for linking up to Table It!

JES said...

Trisha, you have done a beautiful job (and on a budget which I love!!!). Thank you for sharing this inspiration on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

Stephanie said...

My dear Trisha, you have done an incredibly beautiful job! Every little detail is perfect.

Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspriation. Have a lovely Valentine's Day! Hugs to you

Laurie said...

Wow! What a beautiful transformation! I can see why you couldn't wait any longer to share it and so happy that you chose to share it with us at Brag About It!
~Laurie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Trisha, you guys did an amazing job! Love all of the rustic touches of the pallet boards! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Unknown said...

Everything looks so great! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Art and Sand said...

What a great makeover. I would love to have that big soaker tub!

Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!