Sunday, July 24, 2016

Vintage Container Gardens & a New Little Love of My Life

I don't know what has changed in me this year, but I am loving having a little garden to take care of.  In the past, I would plant flowers in the spring but once the heat of summer came, I was done.  This year it's different.  Maybe it's because I know that this is my forever home and I will get to see these flowers come back year after year.  Whatever it is, I sure do love it!
Container gardens are so much fun.  I love planting different things in each one.  My galvenized bucket is bursting with a pretty green Hosta and bright pink dianthus.
My old coal bucket is perfect for these sunshine yellow marigolds.   
My vintage red Radio Flyer wagon is really doing well in this corner of the yard.  I can't remember what the names of these flowers are but they sure are pretty. 
This old wheel barrow was left here when we bought the house.  It has holes rusted in the bottom of it so it was all ready to become a planter. 
I found these old farm buckets on Craigslist for $5 EACH.  I got 4 of them and now I wish I would have gotten more! 
I saved some large tin cans, painted them up, had Cody drill holes in them and added some twine to hang them with.  They are hanging off of a shepherd's hook and have pretty petunias growing in them. 
The lady I got the buckets from gave me this one for free since it was 2 stuck together that they couldn't get apart.  I love how containers add height, interest and texture to my garden.  I am on the look out for more fun vintage things to use as planters...any ideas for me? 
I would like to introduce you to my new nephew, Riggins Reece.  He was born on Friday and I am so in love with this little man.  His big brother Fischer is so excited for him to finally be out of mommy's tummy.  I can't wait for them to come home so I can go snuggle him more.  I spent all day yesterday cooking up casseroles to take to their house so they have some good food to eat when they get home.  Welcome to the world Riggins, this auntie can't wait to love on you and cover you in kisses soon!

Linking up with:

8 comments:

Pat said...

Trisha,
I adore how you've planted Garden items within your vintage containers!
I have a wheel less wheelbarrow that is planted in delicate ground cover!
Your nephew is a d o r a b l e!
Fondly,
Pat

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Tricia, loving your contains...How fun! The wagon is adorable, along withe wheel barrow. Your nephew is so sweet! Congrats! Riggins Reece is such a great name. Enjoy your snuggles. Thanks as always Tricia for sharing at DI&DI. Have a fabulous week. xo

Unknown said...

Great ideas!

A a handsome nephew too ;-)

Thanks for sharing :-D

Decor To Adore said...

Congratulations on your darling new nephew! I adore all of the creative container gardening you have done.

Unknown said...

ADORBS!! Everything is adorbs! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for crafts, recipes, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

JES said...

Love your vintage containers and your new little blessing in the family! :) Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Great ideas for container plantings. Congrats to you and welcome Riggins Reece!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Angie Rose said...

I adore the old wheel barrow turned planter. How creative! Congratulations on your new nephew :) Thank you for linking up with us at Dishing It & Digging It. Hope to see you back this week :)