Sunday, February 12, 2017

Kitchen Makeover Part I

Phase 1 of our kitchen makeover is finally complete!  The cupboards and walls have been painted and as usual, it is amazing what a little paint can do.
I don't necessarily have a theme in my kitchen but I knew that I wanted it to be reminiscent of blue mason jars.  My original idea was a paint color that was a lot lighter than what we ended up with, but I really, really love it! 
Cody has a torn labrum in his shoulder and is having surgery on February 21st so he had no business doing all this work while he is in so much pain.  But when he gets going on something, there is no telling him no! 
He made the ultimate decision on the color of the paint.  It is called Teal Lake from Glidden at Home Depot.  I have always wanted a colored island and now I just need some new barstools! 
A little before and after to see where we started!
I love how my egg sign pops on these newly painted walls.  This is the door to my pantry and it will be staying white. 
This little wall is the perfect spot for my chalkboard and apron collection.   
Our next project will be the counterops and the floors.  I hate having white formica countertops but it is amazing how much better they look since we have painted the whole kitchen. 
I also want to put different lights above the island, something similar to what we have hanging above the sink now. 
This little nook just needs to have the shelves painted.  Here you can see part of my gumball machine collection. 
My parents have cabin fever and came over to visit today.  I somehow talked my dad into hanging my new light while they were here...thanks dad!  This is hanging above my sink and it is from Home Depot. 
The knobs on the cupboards and pulls on the drawers are from Lowe's and they are the perfect finishing touch. 

I love how we were able to match all the metals from our light to our knobs to our towel bar.   
I can't wait to finish this kitchen makover and get new floors, countertops and lights.  But for now, I am so happy with the way it is turning out! 
In other news, I recently got a promotion at work and will be the Special Events Coordinator which means I will be in charge of coordinating all external events (think wedding, galas, etc.) Our own Scholarship Gala is on February 18th and I can't wait to share my centerpieces with you again!

Linking up with:


28 comments:

Vanessa said...

Your kitchen looks lovely. I love the vintage display on your island. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your kitchen looks great! I bet you'll never want to leave it now! :)

NanaDiana said...

Trisha--I just love how it turned out. What a bright, happy color. He did a good job-especially with his shoulder being as bad as it is. I think it looks GREAT! xo Diana

Eilis said...

Your kitchen looks so fun!

Cecilia said...

I'm coming over from the Monday Social party! I love your kitchen - it looks so bright and cheery! We just finished ours and I can tell you new countertops are like the cherry on top! Paint is amazing, isn't it? I'm now following - I can't wait to see more!

:o) Cecilia

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Love this color - you did a wonderful job! Jane

Pamela said...

Love the vintage flare! Looking great so far.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Trisha, Happy Valentine's Day. I love your kitchen update. The cabinets look great and I love the aqua color. Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J. Enjoy the week.
Julie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Trisha, Love how your kitchen turned out. The aqua is stunning on your island and walls. The touch of vintage is perfect and such an inviting space to be in. You are going to enjoy many happy hours in this wonderful spot.
Congrats on your work promotion. Best wishes too for a Happy Valentine's Day. xoxo

Creations By Cindy said...

Everything looks so nice. I know that you must be proud. It's such hard work but then the reward is always nice. Love the bakery sign! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

How lovely! I like the little touches, like the aprons and chalkboard on that narrow piece of wall. And I thought it was so sweet that when your parents got cabin fever they headed to your house!

CraftyHope said...

What a difference a little paint makes indeed! We're in the process of re-doing our kitchen too, but it's been a little more involved. The white and blue are gorgeous for sure. And, I love all the little touches you've added. Your displayed aprons has inspired me to hang mine as well. I think I know the perfect spot too. Enjoy your 'new' kitchen! :)

Unknown said...

Wow...looks so amazing!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

krishna said...

Your kitchen is looking beautiful and cozy..

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

dawn klinge said...

My kitchen looks a lot like your before pictures. Your pretty white cabinets have inspired me! Well done on the kitchen make-over. I really love the light fixture you chose. Visiting from Home Sweet Homelink-up.

Tarahlynn said...

Looks amazing! We would love to have you at our To Grandma's house we go link party that opened this Wednesday morning and lasts all week! Its at grandmashousediy.com :)

Botanic Bleu said...

Trisha,
You must be loving your updated kitchen. Your husband sounds like a real trooper to work on it while having shoulder issues.

Judith

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I knew this was your post, Trisha, when I spied that adorable truck and trailer!

Your kitchen looks fabulous and the paint colour is lovely. I had aqua on my walls, including the kitchen, for years. Love a white kitchen! Nice job! Enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sarah said...

Wonderful new color and love the white cabinets.

Donna said...

Congrats on your promotion, Trisha! That is awesome! I hope all goes well with Cody's surgery. Your kitchen looks wonderful, the white cabinets really pop against that pretty blue. I've always dreamed of a white kitchen:)

Dana of The Stone Rabbit said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!
Wow...what a dramatic makeover!! Best wishes to your husband on his surgery!! He did an amazing amount of work with a hurt shoulder!

Dana

Laura said...

wow big change
Looks so clean and neat
Laura

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a bright and happy color...turned out beautifully!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Trisha, your kitchen is so lovely. A very pretty and cheerful place to cook.
Congrats on your promotion. Looking forward to your centerpieces....thank you for sharing at DI&DI.

Sarah Coller said...

Your kitchen looks adorable---I love it!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Trisha, your kitchen is so bright and cheery. I love how it turned out! The new painted walls and cabinets are beautiful. I hope your hubbies surgery goes well. Sounds like a real die hard! lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

The Charm of Home said...

I thought the countertops were new. It does look good with the new kitchen. Nice makeover. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE your kitchen! I recently painted my walls a similar color to yours, but a little bit lighter. I am in the process of painting my cabinets. :)

Chasity (Bluecottagefarmhouse.com)