Saturday, January 6, 2018

Farmhouse Box Shelf

I love it when I see something (most likely on Pinterest) that I instantly fall in love with and want to make.  It's even better when I have everything I need to make it!
My parents made these box shelves for me for Christmas many years ago.  They are a little too shiny for my taste so I sanded them down to get rid of the shine. 
We have lots of chicken wire and with a little help from Cody, I stapled it on to the back of the shelf and then trimmed around the edges.   
It's now hanging on the wall in my living room with a little jar of frosted white rose buds.  I am slowly but surely turning this wall in to a gallery wall.  
Our home projects kind of got put on the back burner when Cody went in for his second shoulder surgery in October.  He's still healing and they say it can take up to a year before the pain goes away.  I hope it gets better sooner than that! 
So that's one of the reasons I have been MIA around here.  I am hoping to be a better blogger and a better DIY'er in this new year! 
This is my first project of 2018 and I definitely love how it turned out!  I have 3 more of these shelves and lots of chicken wire so I think I will transform them all. 
Thanks for stopping by and for sticking with me while I was no where to be found!  Hope you are starting 2018 with a bang! 

Linking up with:

12 comments:

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

I have a love-hate relationship with chicken wire, love the look but hate the scrapes. Your box turned out cute!

Rebecca said...

That is such a cute box. Love the chicken wire! Thanks for stopping by and following me! I'm now following your cute blog too!

Happy New Year!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Your shelf box came out so nice. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.

Jeanie said...

I love the sanded down look. I don't like things that are too polished -- this is perfect!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Much improved with the chicken wire and less shine. Looking forward to seeing more of the wall.

Creations By Cindy said...

So, so cute! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Snap said...

So cute. On "Hometown" (HGTV) recently, they used old file drawers in a very similar fashion. Some history and a story to tell. I love stories!

Katie Mansfield said...

What a great idea. I'll have to look around and see what is too shiny. It's transformed. Thanks for linking up to Keep In Touch. The chicken wire is a perfect addition. Looking forward to seeing more of your cute DIY in 2018.

Tristan Robin said...

nice idea for shelves with a unique and personal look!
I found your blog via Beverly's Pink Saturday blog hop list.
Love your blog peony pics!

Laura said...

I like the box can be changed so easy
I like the wire I have some wire need to use it and make some with it.
I hope you stop by my blog
HPS
Laura

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love this little project Trisha! One of my friends gave me a frame with chicken wire and I love it too. Hope Cody heals quickly! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

The Charm of Home said...

Cute project! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!