Sunday, February 18, 2018

New Flooring is Finally In!

We finally got our floors done and it was worth the wait!  Since Cody had his second shoulder surgery in October, we had to put a lot of things on hold while he recovered, the floors included.  He finally got them done and I absolutely love them.
One of the issues we had was that our area rug would slip and slide all over the place.  I had every intention of doing some research to see what would be the best way to stop this from happening when I got an email that was exactly what I needed! 
RugPadUSA contacted me to ask if I would be interested in doing a review for them.  I told Will that he had impeccable timing to say the least!  Once I remembered to measure my rug, I let Will know which one I wanted and he had it sent out right away.  I chose the RugPro for laminate floors.  I ordered on Friday and it was waiting for me on the following Friday. 
I love that it has a firm rubber grip on the bottom that prevents the rug from slipping.  But the top also has a felt grip top that holds onto the rug from the bottom preventing slippage from the top.  We got new furniture this weekend and the rug didn't budge, even with all the furniture moving going on. 
I have never thought of using a rug pad until I clearly needed one and now I don't think I will ever live life without one!  Go check them out and do yourself a favor-you will love them too! 
I chose a rug pad that didn't offer a lot of cushion since I had a pretty plush rug to put on it.  They trim the pad down so that it will fit perfectly under your rug.  I don't think you can even tell that this rug has a pad under it. 
We still have some work to do on our living room but the makeover is coming along quite nicely.  I was in the middle of taking these pictures and cleaning my house when I got a call from my dad that my mom was in the hospital with an appendicitis. I rushed over there and have spent the last 2 days with her.  It ruptured but they got it quick enough to not cause anymore issues. She will still need to spend another day or 2 in the hospital, but I am so glad it was nothing more serious.



Linking up with:

7 comments:

bj said...

I love your new floors...and that pad is perfect...so glad your mom is going to be ok....

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

They look wonderful, so happy for you!

Chris said...

Beautiful wood floors!

1 Buddha's Mom said...

I love the wood floors, but had you honestly never heard of non-skid pads to put under slippery floors? ;)

Snap said...

Very nice and I can't live without my rug pads!

Katie Mansfield said...

The floor is lovely. That is too funny. I have a Rug Pad on the way for review. Thanks for linking up to Keep In Touch.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

The floor looks awesome Trisha! I did a review for them a few years ago and their pads are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann