Sunday, March 18, 2018

A little farmhouse full of fun

Every couple of months or so, some fabulous ladies host a Farm House Finds Sale in this unassuming little farmhouse out in the country.  It's a tiny little house that looks pretty normal from the outside.  But wait until you step inside!
They held the sale this week and I took a trip on my lunch break to do a little browsing.  This quaint farmhouse is stuffed full of fun finds.  Every square inch is covered in so many charming finds.  Each room has load of great things that belong in that room.  Here is the kitchen full of vintage Pyrex, aprons, cookbooks, jars, canisters, dishes...you name it, it is probably here! 
They have everything color coordinated so if red is your thing, you know exactly where to look.  I want to know where they got all of this stuff, how much fun all of it is!
This farmhouse is tiny, just about 1200 square feet (half of that is upstairs so you don't get to count that space) but they make it seem huge with all of the great farmhouse finds they have in here.  Each room is so charming and full of fun stuff.
The bathroom is probably my favorite room.  The clawfoot bathtub was full of vintage ticking pillows, there were bottles of perfume, hair curlers and lacy nightgowns.  It even smelled extra glamorous.
There were lots of people shopping so getting pictures was a bit of a challenge.  Plus it's a tiny space full of stuff so that made it difficult as well.  But I got some great shots of some of my favorite things. 
This chandelier was hanging in one of the bedrooms.  It was the perfect touch to the tiny bedroom.  Surprisingly, the closet was a nice size. 
It held lots of vintage dresses, shoes and suitcases.  I wish I was a tiny girl who could fit into one of these pretty dresses.  How much fun would it be to play dress up here? 
The living room was super elegant in gold, green and white.  So much vintage milk glass it makes you swoon!
The front room in the house was loaded up with sewing bits and bobs.  There were sewing machines, fabrics, buttons, thread, seam binding, thimbles.  It was a sewers paradise! 
You can only go in the back door because the front door is blocked with more stuff.  There is also an upstairs but I think that is where they keep extra stuff.  They have a garage out back full of doors and windows and the yard has chairs and fun things to use as planters.   
Now I want to buy a little farmhouse way out in the middle of no where and fill it up with things I find while out thrifting, estate saling, etc.  
Next time you pass by a little farmhouse in the middle of no where, just think what might be waiting on the inside for you to discover!  I will definitely be going back when they have their Christmas sale, I can't wait for that one!

Linking up with:


17 comments:

Snap said...

What a fun place! I could spend all day there...!!!!

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

What a fun place to spend a few hours. So much eye candy!

LV said...

What a neat and unusual way to get rid of things. I love it and wish it was near to me.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

What a great way to sell and buy. Love the idea of each room showcasing the items that are used in them. Great idea!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Oh I would LOVE To browse through that sweet house! Even more, I would love to fill a house like that to sell vintage things. What a great idea.

Jeanie said...

This is the most fabulous place! I can't imagine what it's like to do inventory there or stage things but it sure is fabulous. Love the color coding! Thanks for sharing this. (Coming from Katie's!)
~ jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

Unknown said...

Fun house! What wonderful finds and such a cute idea to have your shop in a farm house. 1200sq ft isn't a tiny small house. We live in a 1300sq ft home with 3 bedrooms 2 bathes, and more floor space than I want to mop. 😊

betty-NZ said...

Charming is the perfect word for this place! I could spend so much time there!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wow, talk about eye candy galore! I would have loved to be able to shop in that little farmhouse!! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

I agree with Jennie, this is not a tiny house, just a smallish house. But what a *fun* house! Just the sort of place my mother would have discovered and taken me to. Love it!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Wow - this looks like so much fun! Love all the sweet things - so charming! x Karen

GranthamLynn said...

What a fun place to shop. Thanks for sharing this!
And thanks for linking at The Fabulous Party!
I am featuring your post this week. Welcome to the party!

Jany Schindler said...

Thanks for sharing. I love finding little places like that.

Katie Mansfield said...

That is adorable. Thanks for sharing this at Keep In Touch. I would stop by every month if I lived near that darling farmhouse.

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday. Thank you for joining us, and for making Pink Saturday special.

This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks". Everyone loved this tour. Thank you for sharing.

Tristan Robin said...

Wow - what a super find! I wish we had great places like that in Connecticut. Heck, who am I kidding? I wish we even had great SPACES like all that land available in Connecticut! LOL. I could spend hours and hours shopping a spot like that. Thanks so much for sharing - and happy Pink Saturday!

Susan said...

What a dream!!!! How great for you!!!! Love everything, and the displays are awesome. How were the prices?