Thursday, November 11, 2010

Childhood Pinks

Apparently, I have liked the color pink for a very long time. And to prove this to you, I am showing some of my Childhood Pinks today for Pink Saturday. Thank you to Miss Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for letting me participate! This pretty little ceramic doll was made for me by my mom when I was about 6. She made her blonde with blue eyes to look like me. She also made my older sister one that looked like her. In fact, I think we both still have them! This doll has the prettiest pink dress with vintage lace trim, a hat, a book and a little teddy bear.
Her little book has a picture of a house on it and says something about bears in the forest. The bear came unglued years ago and I used to hide my diary key in it when I was younger! It made a very good hiding place!
My room when I was little was decorated in Unicorns. I had curtains, a beadspread and all sorts of stuff with unicorns. My mom made me this cute little unicorn jewelry box when I was probably 5. It has purple stars and pink swags in the middle and pink flowers in the grass. He's lost his horn, but I think it is still pretty obvious he is a unicorn!
This little ceramic jewelry box still sits on my dresser and holds a lot of little pink ribbons from Breast Cancer Awareness things.
This little lamb is as old as I am! I have had it since I was a newborn baby! She is actaully in pretty good shape being 28 years old and all!
I love her pink little mouth. And she has the sweetest pink rosebud above her ear!
And last but definitely not least is my peek-a-boo pink bunny! She too has been around since I was a tiny baby. You pull her cord and she plays a lullaby and plays peek-a-boo. I love the little pocket watch on her tummy-reminds me of a certain rabbit in Alice in Wonderland! Her pinkness has faded over the years, and I am so glad that I have her still. I hope to someday let my own babies listen to her sweet lullaby and show them how to play a fun little game of peek-a-boo!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my I love the lamb. I instantly thought. Lambchops... hehe amazing how a memory is provoked. It's interesting looking back on toys of our youth and see the toys of today. My how times have changed. from lambchops to ipods. Yikes. Hugs. Tammy

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Trisha Sweetie...
Happy Pink Saturday and thank you so much for sharing with me today. What a beautiful share.

What a treasure to have such a beautiful doll made by your precious Momma, and that you have kept her. She is just beautiful. Love the blonde hair and blue eyes and her detail is remarkable. What a great job your Momma did with ceramics.

The lamb is so sweet. I love lambs. Maybe someday you will have these wonderful treasures to pass on to a little girl of your own, or should I say a little Princess.

I remember that peek-a-boo bunny. I think I was given one for my youngest son when he was born 29 years ago. Love it sweetie.

A beautiful share. Have a gorgeous Pink Saturday. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

LV said...

You have some adorable pinks around. I enjoyed seeing all of them, but the little girl is my favorite.

Ann said...

There is just something about a lamb--so innocent and tender. I have a few ceramic ones that I keep out all year. Love your little pink one---Happy Pink Sat.
Ann

Linda M. said...

Happy Pink Saturday Trisha, Childhood memories and keepsakes so sweet. Have a fantastic week.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your pinks are precious! Happy Pink Saturday and thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Abramyan Avenue said...

Gorgeous pinks! I love the stories that go with each piece. It truly makes it so special.

Deanna said...

What sweet and fun treasures from your childhood. Your mom sure had an eye for cuteness!

Thanks for sharing! Happy Pink Saturday :D

Deanna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing some of your wonderful pinks.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Arabella said...

Happy Pink Saturday!! I love your Pink treasures ;o)

This is my first week participating and am now a follower of your fabulous blog.

Enjoy your weekend!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy Pink Saturday! This is just too precious for words!
XO

Tara said...

I have a little lamb from when I was little too. In fact I have a whole box of stuffed animals I can't bear to part with. I've whittled them down to the one box the last few years.

I think the little unicorn is all the more special because of it's broken horn. Happy Pink and welcome to the madness!

Maison Mutt said...

OMG! Did you get to play with the lamb?!? It looks fresh out of the package. You were one clean little lamb yourself! Love the memories you shared this week.
Licks & Wags, Niki

Donnie said...

What sweet memories you must have. Loved your pinks today. Happy Pink Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pinks..Thank you for sharing...
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY

Suzanne said...

So sweet! Thank you for sharing...and for stopping by my blog to wish me a Happy Pink Saturday.
Sorry I'm just getting around...I think I overdid it last week and it caught up with me this weekend...of all weekends!
Hugs,
Suzanne