Monday, April 11, 2011

My first matchbox swap

I recently participated in a Matchbox Swap hosted by Laura at Decor to Adore. It was my very first swap of any kind so I was very excited and a little scared. I wanted to make sure that I gave my swap partner something wonderful that she would enjoy. My swap partner was Michele at Nook and Cranny. Look at this beautiful box she created for me. The box was covered in a beautiful blue and green paper with sparkly hydrangeas. On top she tied a lovely bow adorned with a very pretty rose.
Inside were some wonderful treasures. It seemed like the box had no bottom because I kept pulling out more and more great things. There was vintage lace, buttons, a broach, a magnet, an old wooden spool, a fun straight pin and a pair of pretty diamond earrings.
She also included cute little bunny picks, beads, paper cut-outs and a sparkly binder clip!Some very pretty tags, an old clothes pin wrapped in the cutest blue polka-dotted ribbon all nestled in a sheer pink bag. I love every single item that she included! Thank you so much Michele for all the wonderful things you sent me. My first swap was a success!
Here is the box that I sent Michele. She told me that she loved birds! On top of her box, I made a cute little nest holding 2 aqua eggs, tied with a pretty little bow.
It was so fun filling the box with lot's of fun things for her. I found a very cute rusty birdhouse with a rusty little bird to match. Some vintage ribbons and lace, tiny little Easter eggs, many silk flowers, buttons, beads, vintage playing cards, a vintage cloth tape measure, bubbles, some flower picks and two tiny little blue birds. I lined the inside of the box with a sewing pattern. I really hope that Michele liked all her little treasures because I sure had fun putting it all together for her!
And our wonderful host Laura sent this sweet little box filled with lot's of little goodies. I love the gold bunny holding a basket of flowers on the front. These boxes gave me lot's of ideas-thank you both for your generosity!
What fun it is to participate in a swap like this. I can't wait to do it again!!

5 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, it's so GORGEOUS!!! I hope you're having a happy day!
xo
Cindy

Unknown said...

Trisha,
Who doesn't love a good swap??
Did you receive my email from a few days ago?
I love my box...
Can you please let me know if you got my email, if not I will resend.
Have a sunshine day.
Michele Murray

Val said...

How fun....great treasures.

Libbie said...

Thay are both gorgeous!!! What a treat to receive those little packages in the mail!!! I love how they are so different from each other. You can tell you both had fun!

June said...

What an awesome swap you girls had. I love the little boxes you both created Trish!!! This must have been so fun for you to receive and send out the little treasures.
sending hugs...