Monday, May 16, 2011

Snickers Cake

Do you have an Albertson's Grocery Store where you live? If so, you have hopefully tried their delicious Snickers Cake from their bakery. It's full of chocolate and caramel and Snickers...who wouldn't love it? In fact, I love it so much, I decided to try to make my own Snickers Cake. I am not going to lie, mine is pretty darn good and maybe even better than theirs. But why don't you make one and tell me what you think!!
First, start out with a whole bunch of yummy Snickers cut up. I used about 30 minis, but you could use 3 regular sized bars (or more if you want).
While you are baking 2-8 inch round Devils Food cakes, start on your whipped butter cream caramel frosting. To make whipped butter cream, start out with 1 stick of soft butter, whipped until fluffy. Gradually beat in 4 cups of powered sugar, 1-2 teaspoons of milk and then add caramel.
I used Hershey's Caramel Syrup, but any will do. I added about a cup, but you can adjust it depending on how caramely you want it.
As soon as your cakes are done baking, remove the rounded tops. Here is a little trick for cutting the tops off of your cake. Take a serrated knife and follow the edge of the pan to cut it off. This will give you an evenly trimmed top. Save the tops...I will show you what to do with those later! Turn the cakes out onto a plate and freeze until cooled all the way through.
Once the cakes are cool, take a chopstick and poke wholes all over the cake. Then pour some more caramel syrup on the cake, making sure it goes into the holes.
Then frost the bottom cake with butter cream, add half of the chopped up Snickers and then put the top layer on. Repeat the process-holes, caramel, frosting. Before you sprinkle the Snickers on top, drizzle a little caramel and chocolate syrup on top. Then sprinkle the remaining Snickers on top. Oh yummy yummy! I made this one for my husband to take to work for a buddy's birthday. I wanted to taste it but didn't want to cut a piece...here is where those cake tops come in...just save a little frosting and Snickers and make yourself a sampler!
Trust me when I say this cake is good. Maybe a little too good because you will want to eat it all! Go ahead and make this and see how you like it. I would love to hear from anyone that has tried the Albertson's version to see how they compare...obviously not exactly the same but still very comparable!
Really wishing I had some of this right now because chocolate and caramel sound so good on this rainy, cold and dark night! Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Oh my goodness! I've gained 3 lbs just looking at the pictures! Snickers is my favorite candy. Thanks for sharing this delish recipe!

Anonymous said...

I have been searching high and low for the perfect snickers cake recipe for my husbands birthday. Ta-da! I just did! Thank you so much! xxx