Monday, February 13, 2012

Dotty Swap

Getting something in the mail that is not a bill is so much fun. One way to ensure that you get fun stuff in the mail is to join a swap or two. I love participating in swaps because not only do I get to make fun things to give to others, I also get great things in return! I recently joined the Dotty Swap at Cutie Pie Cottage. My swap partner was Roselle from Seaside Rose Creations. Here are the goodies I sent to her.
I made a pretty pink polka dot box using a heart shaped chocolate box. There is a frosty pink rose in the middle, 2 sparkly charms and a pink oval that says love. There is a sweet pink ruffly ribbon around the box, lace and pink pearls on the top. I filled it with 3 clothespins decorated in polka dot ribbon and an ornament that has an "R" and pink polka dot ribbon.

I also made a card with red cupcake liners. The back of the card has red paper with tiny white polka dots. Here is the box filled with the goodies. I also sent her a cute little box of conversation hearts!
I have long admired Roselle's beautiful rose creations and I was so excited to receive my package from her. Here is everything that she sent me all laid out.
In one little bag, there was a pretty white paper rose, a ribbon rose and this gold "inspire" medallion. It was tucked inside with 3 pages out of a vintage French book.
Another little bag contained 3 tiny little clothes pins with polka dots...great minds think alike wouldn't you say?!
This pretty tag was on the front of the bag. I love the Paris love notes and the colors!
And now I can say that I am the proud owner of one of Roselle's beautiful, hand painted creations! I just love this little vintage salt shaker that she painted pink and added a sweet little rose bud to. I love everything that she sent me and I hope she enjoys what I sent her as well!
Thank you to Cutie Pie Cottage for putting this fun Dotty Swap together. They are always so much fun! Thank you to Roselle for my wonderful new treasures! I can't wait to do another swap soon...if you haven't tried one yet, I highly recommend it!
Linking to:

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff! It's so much fun to see what everyone swapped! You made the cutest little card for Roselle. I'm glad you enjoyed the swap and you are very welcome. ♥

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Looks like you both got some great things. Thanks for visiting my blog, and following Trisha. I'm following you back.
xoxoRosemary

Jenny's Heart said...

I did this swap too, I am posting about it tomorrow :)
I had a lot of fun doing it, looks like y'all had a great swap!
Happy Valentine's Day

★Carol★ said...

It looks like both partners in this swap were happy! Love what you made, especially the card with the cupcake liners!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Very pretty. Sounds like a successful swap. I am a new follower visiting from Sew Crafty Tuesday. Vicky from Mess For Less

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh what a fun swap, there is nothing more fun than receiving a package from another blogger What you gave an got is gorgeous! Funny you both thought of polka dots

Carol

Unknown said...

I think you both Dotty! Everything you both created for the swap is so pretty!

Libbie said...

Any swap with dots is bound to be a good one :) I Love peeking into your packages...I am so snoopy like that! Got some good ideas from you girls! So cute & fun!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

The Tablescaper said...

Looks like a great exchange, for both of you.

Thanks for becoming a Follower.

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

HI,
I am happy to be your newest follower from the linky followers blog hop. If you'd like to follow back, you can reach me at http://www.measuredbytheheart.com
Thanks!!

LV said...

Looks like your swap mail is paying off.

Suzanne said...

All I can say is that between the two of you...JACKPOT! Such pretty and creative things. What a fun swap this must have been.
hugs, Suzanne

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Trisha Sweetie...
What a beautiful swap for each of you. You received some beautiful pieces, especially the hand painted salt shaker (TDF) you lucky girl you.

I love the flowers you made as well from the cupcake papers. How cute they are.

Have a glorious weekend and thanks for sharing with me today.

Country hugs and much love, Sherry

momto8 said...

must make it fun to go to the mailbox!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wonderful pink post for this week!

My PINK, have a blessed Sunday!