Monday, February 27, 2012

Vintage Liquor Bottles

I have a feeling I would have gotten along just swimmingly with my husband's grandpa. He was a collector of wonderful old things just like me. How lucky that he gave some of the things he collected to Cody. These vintage liquor bottles are so much fun!
This dapper gentleman is dressed in a tuxedo with tails, wears a top hat and carries a walking stick. So fancy! He used to hold I.W. Harper whiskey.
This is a George Dickel whiskey bottle that has a leather holding apparatus. The bottle itself is brown glass. It is very old and very neat!
Another George Dickel whiskey bottle that is shaped like a golf club. It has a grip and a golf ball on the top. I am sure that drinking this would really improve your game!
This Jim Beam whiskey bottle has a lovely picture of the Redwood Empire Trees in California. It is such a fun shaped bottle that is really a work of art!
This football player is probably one of Cody's favorites because he loves football and his favorite number is 7! The top of his helmet comes off so that the liquor can be poured out.
This Smirnoff bottle is huge-over 2 feet tall. How many drinks could you make with such a large bottle of vodka?!
A three foot bottle of Chianti would taste great with some nice fava beans, at least Hanibal Lecter would think so!
The last bottle has its own stand and spicket for dispensing the alcohol. I am not sure what kind of liquor is in it, but the label is all in Italian.

I think these bottles are so unique and special. The fact that they belonged to my husband's grandfather and now him make them even better. He definitely knew that someone would love and cherish these bottles someday, I get to be one of the lucky someone's!

Linking with:
Knick of Time: Tuesday Vintage Link Party

16 comments:

Libbie said...

Somethings are just too good to let go of! THese are treasures!

I can imagine what fun your 80s party will be! Oh how I miss mix tapes :)

Dreamgoddess said...

What an interesting collection of bottles! I think my favorite is the Jim Bean with redwoods. You're so lucky to have these treasures!

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a neat collection and how special that they are still in your family.

Danielle

Special 'K' said...

I am always amazed at what each other collects and how precious they are. Thanks for sharing your great treasures. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh my gosh...I've never seen such bottles! How absolutely fabulous! Yep...you'd have gotten along GREAT with that grandpa! :)

xoRebecca

Ann said...

My favorite is the "well dressed gentlemen". Pretty cool collection. Ann

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a wonderful collection of bottles. Thanks for sharing with us!

Miri said...

These are fabulous! I've never seen anything quite like these bottles-the football player and golf club are hilarious! Thanks so much for sharing these truly unique treasures.

LV said...

I saw several of the different style bottles around years ago. I thought they were neat in design.

Unknown said...

What wonderful bottles. I don't really drink, but I too, love the old and unusual bottles that holds em.

Helen and her Daughters said...

The gentleman in the tuxedo is fabulous! He is my favorite one. What a great collection!

Geneva said...

I've never seen bottles like that... I'm so glad you appreciate them and that they have such special meaning.
Blessings!
Geneva

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Such a wonderful collection, even nicer when it has been a passed on thru family... I really love the figural ones~ Thanks for sharing, hop on over to my blog when you get the chance, have a wonderful weekend
Cheryl

momto8 said...

wow..I never saw anything like this before...what a cool collection!

Anonymous said...

I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information. glassbottlesmanufacturer.com

Sophie Grace said...

This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.! webstagram