Friday, January 11, 2013

R.I.P. Baby Travis

My heart is broken to pieces today.  You may remember my friend's little baby Travis was diagnosed with a very rare and extremely aggressive kind of cancer back in August.  He fought the fight with all of his little might but the cancer took him early this morning.  He was only 10 months old and had barely been given the chance to live.  I can not even begin to understand why precious, innocent little lives are taken so early and so harshly.  We may never know the answer to that.  My heart aches for his mom who was there by his side every second of his life.  I hope that his dad was able to get there in time to be with him as he took his last breath.  And his older sister, who is just 3, will she even realize what just happened?  Please pray for this family that they find peace and understanding in all of this and that they never forget the sweet little boy who may have only been with them on earth for 10 months, but will be in their hearts forever, watching over them in the hands of God.  Rest in peace sweet little Travis.

7 comments:

Donna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about sweet little Travis. I can't even begin to imagine what the family must be going thru. I will be sure to keep them in my prayers. Sending you a big hug.

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

I am so sorry to hear this. How heartbreaking. I hope his parents find strength from their loved ones and having known his little sole, even if for a such short while. They are in my heart and prayers.
Karen

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I am so sorry to hear this, Trisha...I will be praying for comfort for all of you...XO

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I am so so so very sorry for this dear family. God bless them. I never understand why this happens to any baby or child. xo Diana

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

I can't prevent crying while reading you, and I understand and I know what your friend is living. My nephew
had at 6 months a form of very rare cancer, and by chance, pray, God, he recovered It's always a drama when something like that occurs All my pray for your friend and you...
Joëlle

Ivy and Elephants said...

I'm so sorry for the pain that you all must be feeling. We can only take comfort in the fact that he is happy in the arms of a loving God. Prayers for you and your friend.
Patti

Tara said...

Prayers and thoughts to Traviss' family.He is now at peace and another angel has been given his wings..xx