Saturday, April 19, 2014

Monogram Spring Wreath

 I have been busy all day preparing for Easter brunch tomorrow.  But I also found some time to craft and hit some yard sales.  Here is the project I completed today.  
 I found the chip board P at Michael's after Christmas and paid 25 cents for it.  I knew I wanted to turn it into something springy.  I picked up some Reindeer Moss at the Dollar Tree (though I would recommend using a more solid moss for this project).  I hot glued moss all over until it was covered then made a little nest out of a different type of moss.
 The eggs are wooden Easter eggs that I painted my favorite aqua blue color and added a few speckles.  The corner of the P was the perfect place for the sweet little nest.  The aqua ribbon is left over from my wedding.  After Easter is over, this monogram spring wreath will hang on my front door!
 We also hit some yard sales today.  I found these switch plate covers and got all of them for $3.  I don't have any light switches that these will fit, but I hope to someday soon.  They need to be washed but the details of them are what I got them for!
 Do you know of other ways people might use these instead of switch plate covers?  I am trying to think what else I can do with them but nothing comes to mind right now!
 These zinc jar lids were $1 for all of them!  The box is in bad shape but it is fun to read the text on it.  Not sure if my lids will be used as lids or as something else.  Have any ideas for these as well?
 I can never pass up a set of sweet vintage embroidered pillow cases and these were no exception.  I love the daisies and red hearts.  Can't beat the price--2 for 25 cents!
 And one more look at my monogram spring wreath.  These colors make me so happy!
Wishing you all a very Happy Easter!  I get to spend it with Cody's family and my parent's will be joining us for brunch as well.  It will be wonderful!

Linking up with:
VMG206: DIY Showcase
The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday
Navy Wife Peters: Submarine Sunday 
Boogieboard Cottage: Masterpiece Monday
Dwellings: Amaze Me Monday
Le Chateau des Fleurs
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Knick of Time Tuesday
Home Coming: The DIY'ers
VMG206: Brag About It
A Stroll Thru Life: Inspire Me Tuesday
The Style Sisters: Centerpiece Wednesday
 Savvy Southern Style: Centerpiece Wednesday
Lavender Garden Cottage:  Cottage Style Party
Crafty Allie: Worthwhile Wednesday
Ivy & Elephants: What's It Wednesday
Timewashed: Blissful Whites Wednesday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Rooted in Thyme: Simple & Sweet Friday
Common Ground: Be Inspired
The Charm of Home: Home Sweet Home
French Country Cottage: Feathered Nest Friday
Jennifer Rizzo: Fabulously Creative Friday
Bacon Time: Anything Goes

19 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Trisha...what a cute monogram! I have seen a couple this year now that inspire me to try one for my own home. That is just darling.

Great finds, too. Those zinc lids are really hard to come by- xo Diana

Unknown said...

I love the monogram! Well done.

Donna said...

I am in love with your wreath, Trisha! It's gorgeous! What a deal for the letter. That little nest and eggs are so sweet. I love that shade of aqua! And to incorporate a ribbon from your wedding makes it extra special! Those light switch plate covers are pretty, I'll have to brain storm and see if I can come up with some ideas to alter them. Great find on the zinc lids! So often I see the vintage canning jars, but no lids. I think you should open up an Etsy shop so you could sell all of your lucky finds!! Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Rosemary and Thyme said...

What a great idea. I have s few of these letters so on to some new creations. Thanks for sharing Trisha.

Janet

Unknown said...

You can use the zinc lid as a base to a pin cushion. Happy crafting!

Unknown said...

You can use the zinc lid as a base to a pin cushion. Happy crafting!

Mindie Hilton said...

Beautiful!

Marie said...

love this nest!

Marie @
In Our Happy Place

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I use the zinc lids for the bottom of pin cushions. I posted on my blog probably a year ago....and what if you took a piece of wood just big enough to cover the holes on the switch plates and then put a hook for like a robe or something. I would at least use one until you get your dream home to use them in!!

Unknown said...

Lovely blog and I love the switchplates! No ideas on what to do with them. Maybe try Pinterest for inspiration?
Roselle

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks so much for sharing at my party...love the moss monogram.

Blessings,
Linda

Donna Heber said...

Your wreath is just gorgeous! The birds nest is such a lovely touch Trisha. I hope you find a special place for those ornate switch plates :-)

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Trisha, I love this beautiful monogram!Lovely idea!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Great finds! Love the monogram wreath. Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
Blessings,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Featuring you tomorrow! Thanks so much for linking. I LOVE this!
Happy Monday!
Isabelle

Kayla @ Home Coming said...

Just wanted you to know, I loved this so much, it's being featured on The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-diyers-59.html

The Charm of Home said...

Cute wreath! Thanks for sharing!
Sherry

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

So cute Trisha! I love the nest in the corner. I found a large O at a thrift shop and had the same idea. After I covered it with moss it really just looked like a round wreath. I think the O needed to be more of an elongated one. The switch plates are wonderful too! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann