Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring is here...and so are the yard sales!

 The weather has been marvelous lately and my daffodils surely feel the same way!  I couldn't resist cutting some and putting them in an aqua ball jar. Yellow and aqua are so gorgeous together, wouldn't you agree?!
 When the daffodils finally show their pretty heads, Spring is officially here!  And so are the yard sales.  I found a few lovely things this weekend and just had to share.

 I found two of these white wire baskets for $1 each.  I snatched them both up but had no idea what I would do with them.  I finally figured it out-they hold 3 pint sized Ball jars perfectly!
 I took my canisters off the counter because I honestly don't use them and put these in their place.  Right now they contain chocolate, white chocolate and butterscotch chips.  It is a perfect fit!
 And it matches with my oval cake stand.  It's like they were meant to be displayed together.  Not sure what I will do with the other one, but I am sure something will come to mind sooner or later.
 I also found some more vintage melamine plates.  I already have two like this with pink roses and couldn't pass these up.  At 25 cents each, I don't think you could have either!
 These plates are salad sized plates which are new to me.  Guess I will have to start collecting those too!  I have been hitting the vintage melamine jackpot lately and I love it.  Clearly these plates last a long time!

9 comments:

Donna said...

Your plates are so pretty, Trisha! I love those gorgeous roses. I am looking forward to garage sale season, they haven't started here yet. Love your daffodils, too, so cheerful!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

What wonderful finds!

The Tablescaper said...

You have such an artful touch.

Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Swanky Salvage Decor said...

The daffodils are gorgeous! I love the wire baskets, so cute. They would also be great in a bathroom with Ball jars filled with Q-Tips, cottonballs, etc.

Anonymous said...

Great finds! Love the baskets and the plates.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love those rose plates, Trisha. And the canister stand is unique, and can be used for so many things. You found a lot of goodies at the garage sale. The yellow daffodils look so nice in the blue jar.

Have a good week.

love,
~Sheri

Rick Watson said...

I just popped over from NanaDiana's blog and started following you.

The Old Parsonage said...

You had me at yard sales! None here yet, but I'm waiting...

Love your wire rack. They's be cute in the bathroom to hold cotton balls, etc.

Happy Easter!

Leann

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Beautiful finds! Love them and so does everyone else!! You are one of the features today at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/04/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_27.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash tomorrow! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse