Sunday, April 24, 2016

Hand-painted signs & a porch makeover

I saw the cutest hand-painted signs on my Instagram feed this week and instantly fell in love!  I wanted to try to make some of my own and I think they turned out pretty cute.
I used some scrap wood for this one, white washed it and then used a pencil to draw on my design.  I will be investing in some nicer paint brushes because the ones I have are not for something like this.  
 Nevertheless, I love the way this looks and can't wait to make more!  
I made one for the porch and of course I had to makeover the porch.  It is a work in progress but so far it is looking better! 
It is a narrow porch so this is the only way to get a shot of it from the front.  My vintage metal chairs need to be painted, I just have to decide which color to paint them. 
I am going to get some new outdoor pillows and an outdoor rug for this area as well.  One of these days we want to widen the porch and add an awning to it, but that might be a ways off. 
Here is my porch sign.  I used stir sticks to build the sign, then whitewashed it and painted it.  New paintbrushes are a definite must in my near future!
I didn't have a table so I made one using a milk can and an old table top.  It works perfectly for setting your drink on while you enjoy the front porch! 
My vintage window frame is the perfect touch for my sign and vintage Homeco. candle sconces are on each side.  I think they need to be painted as well and I might have to take apart a solar light to put in place of candles. 
I can't wait to paint more signs and do some more work on my porch makeover!

Linking up with:

18 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Trisha, I love your porch and the pretty paintings you made! Have fun on the porch! :)
Julie

Jenny's Heart said...

Love them! Sunny yellow for the chairs! Or minty green or hmmm bright red!

Snap said...

Adorable! Love your porch.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Well done, Trisha! I love a porch. I wish we had one but we do have a couple of small decks that we can sit out on. Thanks for sharing your signs with us and I still love those cute birdhouses that you painted.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Hi Trisha! These look lovely! Quite well done! Happy to be your neighbor at the Linkup at Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth today

Unknown said...

Your roses look awesome! What a cute sign.

And I love your porch - the vintage chairs are amazing!

Thanks for linking up with Dishing It & Digging It.

Unknown said...

Oh man, I so love this!!

I would LOVE for you to share this with my Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Donna said...

I love your signs, Trisha! What a great idea to use paint stirrers. And I love how you painted the flowers, so pretty! Your porch looks so welcoming, bet you get alot of use out of the space!

Lisa said...

Your sign is just adorable! I love the sweet flowers on them! And I love the idea of using paint stirrers. That is so clever!

Stacey said...

Life is better on the porch! Especially when the porch is decorated cutely and there's something cold to drink. I love what you are doing. :)

Happy Thoughts of Home.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thank you for sharing at SYC!

JES said...

Trisha, your signs are just adorable! I love them :) Thank you for sharing this week at the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth!

Laura said...

Your porch looks so inviting and pretty.
Thank you for joining us at TOHOT!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Such cute and fun details that you are adding to your porch!
Great to have you join us at TOHOT!
Jemma

Decor To Adore said...

Very cute! I am a bit late to the TOHOT party this week due to my college semester finals but I'm so glad that I didn't miss this. Have a wonderful week.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Cute, cute signs Trisha! I think you did a great job. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Art and Sand said...

I love your signs - thanks for sharing with SYC.

The Charm of Home said...

Cute signs for spring and summer! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!