Saturday, April 22, 2017

Thrift Store Tray Makeover

This morning I was browsing Pinterest and someone pinned a tray makeover that I loved.  I had the tray and was just waiting for inspiration to strike.  Today was the day!
I bought this tray after Christmas at the Idaho Youth Ranch for $3.  As cute as the snowmen are, I think my made over tray will get a lot more use! 
The sun is shining and the spray paint dried really fast.  Next time I would prime it first because those snowmen were hard to cover up.   
Next up, I took some twine and wrapped it around the handles.  Super easy makeover that makes such a big difference! 
The twine handles are probably my most favorite part. 
I had this vignette on my coffee table on a different tray and I switched them out. Bella refused to get off the couch, I guess she wanted to be part of the photo shoot! 
I have done a similar coffee table vignette using these elements before but I changed this one up just a little bit.  I added the lantern and put the little nest and eggs inside of it. 
Another picture with Bella in the background.  My tray makeover turned out great and makes this vignette even better!
I have 2 more trays that need to be made over.  Hopefully inspiration will strike soon for those too!

Linking Up With: 

10 comments:

Katie Mansfield said...

Perfect. It's so cute.

Creations By Cindy said...

Trisha, I love how your tray turned out. So very pretty! I am sucker for trays! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love your pretty tray makeover Trisha! Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J.

Sandra Lee said...

The twine on the handles is the icing on the cake!

Debra said...

This tray is something you will be able to use in so many ways. The twine handles really make it shine. It looks great.

The Style Sisters said...

Such a great makeover! The twine just makes it come alive! I love a beachy nautical look so I may have to steal your idea! Thanks for linking up to CPW on my blog!
Karin
http://www.thestylesisters.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

I love fines like this and this piece turned out lovely. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you.

Sarah said...

Very clever! Love using a tray to gather up a vignette.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

The tray is super cute! I agree that it is much more universal now. I too love the jute handles. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

The Charm of Home said...

Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!