Sunday, August 20, 2017

Bite Sized BBQ

Another school year is about to begin and to welcome back our fellow staff members at work, we hosted a Bite Sized BBQ.  This simple invitation that I designed was my inspiration for the rest of the party.
Our catering company ordered black linens with red gingham overlays.  I used Mason Jars for my centerpieces.  I found the perfect red gingham ribbon at Michaels and tied a piece of twine around it.  I tried to be resourceful and use flowers that I cut from around campus, but I needed more and bought some yellow daisies too.
We set 6 cocktail tables and 2 picnic tables on the sidewalk right outside of our building.  The temperature was perfect and made for a really fun event. 
The day before the party, I took pictures of our events staff, both head shots and group shots.  I then made a flyer with our bios and information about events to hand out to our guests.  Now my boss's boss wants all the departments to do one of these! 
Our yummy food consisted of bite sized goodies:
*Pulled pork sliders
*Tortellini salad sticks
*Crudites with ranch or hummus
*Street corn
*Fruit salad
*Strawberry shortcake shooters
*Lemon mousse shooters
*Beer, wine punch & agua fresca
The food was delicious and everyone raved about the little event we put on.  About 60 people showed up and I think we pulled off a very successful Bite Sized BBQ! 

Linking up with:

4 comments:

ornate splendor said...

What a pretty party, Trisha! From the invitations to the buffet table - everything is beautiful. I bet everyone had a great time. Well done!
Catherine

Creations By Cindy said...

Totally cute! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Snap said...

What fun! Hard to believe it is already back to school time.

Donna said...

Trisha, you must be having a blast planning parties and special events for work! The tables look great, and the food table looks amazing! Like right out of a magazine spread! And your menu sounds yummy:)