Thursday, August 10, 2017

Solar Eclipse Survival Bags

We are gearing up for the Total Solar Eclipse that will be happening on August 21st.  The area in Idaho where I live is prime viewing space so of course we have to have a party!  It's a work day and no one wants to miss it just because they are at work.  The powers that be said a party was a great idea and everyone is invited!
This is the invite that I designed.  Our mascot is the coyote so I had to make sure he was featured! 
We have an awesome planetarium in our science building so tomorrow, we are having 2 special eclipse shows for everyone to come to so they can learn a little more before the big event.  We wanted to make it extra fun with "Solar Eclipse Survival Bags". 
I went shopping yesterday for the supplies:
*Sun Chips
*Capri Sun 
*Milky Way
*Starbursts
*Moon Pies 
All of this stellar yumminess is inside a paper bag that has a sticker that matches the invite.  People that come to the planetarium shows are in for an experience that is out of this world!
On the day of the eclipse, we will have fun eclipse glasses to give out to everyone.  We got some fun designs and made sure they were the proper ones to protect everyone's eyes.  Do you have anything fun planned for this event?

Linking up with:

5 comments:

Snap said...

What fun! I have my eclipse glasses. Should get 75% here. Now just hoping the skies are clear. You are all set.

LV said...

That is a super idea. I have tried to see different moon changes, but in Texas not too good. I will wait and enjoy your photos.

NanaDiana said...

I will be at my daughter's house and hoping we get a clear day so we can 'see' the eclipse. Hope you have a great party! xo Diana

Leslie McKinley said...

What a cute idea. My 'class' of homeschoolers and I will visit the observatory. This will really add to our fun.

Blessings,
Leslie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

How fun! I would love to drive to ID or OR to see it, but I think the roads will be crazy busy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann