Sunday, April 22, 2018

Red Chair Makeover

Even though we had a really mild winter this year, Spring has been super slow to show up around here.  I am still waiting for my lilacs to bloom, I would say that it will be another 2 weeks before I can smell their sweet scent in my house.  Today I did get in a little Spring project and it just makes get excited for more projects to come!
I found this chair at my local thrift store last fall for just a few dollars.  It has been sitting in storage waiting for me to decide which color to paint it. Here is the before, simple but nothing special. 
I finally decided that I wanted a bright, cheery red chair and today, that is exactly what I got.  I picked up a can of Krylon ColorMaster Paint +Primer from WalMart in the color Gloss Cherry Red.  It what the exact color that I wanted! 
I also picked up a pretty red primrose to plant for this chair.  I planted it in an old teapot planter and it looks perfect.
I dressed up this side of the pump house with my new red chair, some new outdoor pillows and my vintage stool with a few more fun planters.  
We have a lot of projects to get going on around our yard.  This one was really quick and easy and I love the end result.  I also love this bright red color!

Linking up with:


14 comments:

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Love the color you picked. Great redo of that thrift store chair!

Debra said...

How bright and cheery.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love your pretty chair and perfect for flowers. Thanks for sharing at our link party!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

The red lover in me is smiling from ear to ear! :) I have used that color before and it is so fun. Love tucking things like this into my garden as well. Thanks for sharing with the Garden Party!
hugs,
Jann

Gingham Gardens said...

Trisha - I love your little red chair and I love chairs used in garden vignettes. Happy gardening!

Sarah said...

Great idea for your thrifty chair. Love the color!

Ricki Treleaven said...

That's my favorite shade of red! I love the chair. I know it's still early in Idaho, but I'd love to see more of your garden!

I'm linking from Poofing the Pillows.

xo,
Ricki Jill

Louca por porcelana said...

How cute and creative!Very pretty!Hugs!

Connie said...

Your creative touches to your garden are so much fun and create a garden where you want to spend more time . . . it makes me smile :)

Stacey said...

Trisha, your chair is adorable! It's a happy little spot to include in your outdoor space. I'd love to find one too...I did just find an old wheelbarrow and it's on my redo list. So glad you shared this at the garden party. Mark your calendar for May 25th and we'll link up again. :)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What a cute chair- and that red color is perfect! I just bought a red water can that looks like the same color- couldn't resist! We had a folding step up chair like your yellow one when I was a child I jumped on the bottom step to answer the phone many times! Thank you for joining our Garden Party!

Snap said...

Very cute! I'm sure glad spray paint was invented!

Jeanie said...

Boy, talk about a coat of paint making a difference -- it is an entirely different chair and it looks FABULOUS!
~ jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

Katie Mansfield said...

It's so cute! Thanks for linking to Keep In Touch.