Sunday, August 5, 2018

Outdoor Daybed

I have always wanted a screened in porch on my house.  One day I will have one here, but until then, I have this outdoor daybed where I can day dream about it.
Cody built this daybed for me years ago using a queen size head and foot board.  Click here to see what it looked like before I painted it.  I put on a quick coat of white paint and it was instantly better. 
Next, I free-handed some flowers on the back of the headboard using acrylic paints.  I am by no means an artist but I think my flowers turned out pretty cute. 
I also made a fun banner using some fabric in colors that match my flowers.  I was waiting to find the perfect sheet to put on the feather bed I have on it and I finally found it at my favorite thrift store on Friday. 
I hung some solar lights around the edge.  It will make it extra pretty at night. I have also decided it needs some sort of a chandelier hanging down from the middle of the ceiling.  I must figure out something for this soon!
My pink vintage TV tray is the perfect side table holding a lantern and a jar of silk peonies.  You have to have somewhere to place your drink and your book! 
Even though we still have at least 2 more months of hot summer weather left, I am already looking forward to the weather cooling off and taking advantage of my newly made over daybed!

Linking up with:

4 comments:

Snap said...

Love the daybed! Marvelous makeover. I know you will enjoy it in cooler weather.

Katie Mansfield said...

How cute is this? I’ll be a big of the cooler weather when it comes. Thanks for linking to Keep in Touch.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

How fun to have an outdoor day bed. I love it!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Emily said...

This is so cute!! Such a dreamy spot to lay and read a book!!
~Emily @ LeCultivateur.com