Sunday, April 21, 2019

A Very Creative Weekend

I gave myself a much needed 3 day weekend.  This is my busy season at work and this was the one weekend that I could take 3 days and enjoy it.  And enjoy it I did!  I started out Friday by attending my very first Paint 'n Sip with my mom.  We painted the cutest cow picture!  It turned out pretty good but I am definitely not quitting my day job to take painting up!
Next up, I created a new sign for my living room.  I found a Target framed print at the thrift store and although the image was cute, I knew I could use it to make something even better.  I painted it white and added lines to make it look like ship-lap using a pencil.  The P was free-handed and not at all perfect.  After Christmas, I purchased some greenery from JoAnn's and it was exactly what I needed to make the wreath around the P.  Now I wish I would have bought more.  I am loving this sign so much! 
We went to a few estate sales yesterday and I found two wood cutting boards for 25 cents each.  The metal tray was found at a thrift store and then I shopped my house for the other items to create this vignette that looks perfect on my kitchen counter.
I love it when inspiration strikes me, especially when I have time to see my ideas come to life!

Linking up with: 

4 comments:

Sandi Magle said...

A hand made touch is definitely an improvement over overseas interpretations of our heritage...I love the simple design and harmony it has with your style. While cows are lovely creatures, that particular one was a bit bizarre!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

That cow painting is just adorable and I love the sign. You found some nice things while thrifting too!

Katie Mansfield said...


Adorable. I think your cow painting is the cutest! Great job. I love your vignette. The cutting boards were a good deal.

Prince said...

Be Play Bazaar sure to let the recipient know who you are and what you offer right up front. If they question who you are and what it is that you are offering to them, you are going to have a difficult time trying to get them to invest any of their money into what Satta King it is that you are offering.