Sunday, July 7, 2019

Dining Room Table Makeover

I just had to share the makeover I did on a dining room table and chairs that was recently gifted to me.  I had a dining room table that I loved but the leg was broken and we couldn't fix it.  So this was perfect!
I had the week of 4th of July off of work so I knew there was no time like the present to get this done.  I started by stripping off the stain that was on the table top, sanding it and staining it. 
Next I made my own chalk paint and painted the table base and the chairs.  It took 2 coats on both to get the cover I wanted.   
 Next, I recovered the seats with a drop cloth and painted on some stripes in my favorite color.  I then put 2 coats of polyurethane on the table top.  I could hardly wait to get this in my dining room! 
I didn't get a before picture of the whole table but here is a chair and the leaf that I still need to finish so you can see where I started.  Such a huge improvement! 
And now that it is in my dining room, I just had to play dress up with it! 
 Aqua is my favorite color so I set the table to match the stripes on the chairs.  
 Doing this makeover was a lot of work but seeing the final result made it all worth it!  Now I want to do this to all the things!
 It's amazing what a little imagination and work can do to make something beautiful!
Linking up with: 

8 comments:

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

It looks so beautiful! I love to see transformations. Thank you for sharing.

Connie said...

Great job!

Sandi Magle said...

Super results, this is what is slated for our monster table in the kitchen that can seat 14 if the room were big enough. Love how fresh it looks and the dark stain is what I already have.

Louca por porcelana said...

Awesome,great job!Happy Pink Saturday!

Rebecca Nelson said...

What an amazing transformation!

<3 Rebecca

Prince said...

Play Bazaar Your customers want to feel special and they want to know that there was a reason they signed up for your marketing, so give them something Satta King for it.

Blog27999 said...

If you're attempting to lose weight then you certainly need to start following this totally brand new personalized keto meal plan.

To create this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and top chefs joined together to develop keto meal plans that are useful, convenient, price-efficient, and fun.

Since their launch in 2019, hundreds of people have already transformed their figure and health with the benefits a smart keto meal plan can offer.

Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones given by the keto meal plan.

Ruiz said...

So proud of your blog, I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com