Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Get well soon Grady

A little over a week ago, Grady started refusing to eat. Normally, he can't get enough to eat so this immediately had me worried. We tried a different food thinking that he was just being picky, but when he came down with a bad case of diarrhea, we knew it was time to take him in. So just this Monday, he went to the vet. After running some blood tests, the vet said that he is extremely anemic. He had never seen such low iron levels in a dog and it could be a number of things-a bone marrow deficincey, kidney or liver failure, cancer or just some sort of virus. As he is telling me these things, I am crying my eyes out. He gave us special food, vitamins and an antibiotic. I took him back in today for a re-check, and his iron levels were lower than before. Now he is on steroids, more vitamins and is pretty much on bed rest. He has no energy, no appetite and it's breaking my heart. This is how Grady is spending his days right now. I think Bella knows that her brother is sick. As much as she wants to play wtih him, he has to be calm and relaxed at all times so that he doesn't collapse from exhaustion. We take him back in on Friday to see if all the vitamins, steroids, antibiotics and special food is helping. We can't afford anything drastic, as it is we are scraping money together to pay for these things. I don't want him to suffer because we can't afford to fix him. Please pray that everything turns out okay and that he doesn't have to have anything more. My heart is aching for him and I don't know what I will do without him!
On a happier note, we got the kitchen cabinets finished. Remember how I wasn't allowed to help paint? Well, he should have let me be in charge of colors. He thought all whites were the same color. Not so much. So he ended up painting the cabinet doors and drawers a different white than the actual cabinets. So the doors and drawers look a little gray. So, I guess they aren't really done, but they are done for now. This is just one picture of the after. I need to do a little cleaning to really show you how the kitchen looks!
On Saturday night, our niece and nephew stayed the night. One of their favorite things to do is make cookies. So I whipped up a batch of cake mix sugar cookies. Hunter and Madisyn frosted them and put sprinkles on them. It was a lot of fun having them!

Wishing everyone a very happy week!

8 comments:

Marty said...

Oh Trisha I'm so sad to here about your doggie...I hope he perks up soon...it's so frustrating when they can't talk to you and tell you how they're feeling...I'm thinking of you and wishing him a speedy recovery.

ShabbyESP said...

Trisha,
I hope Grady is feeling better soon!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Mari said...

AWW TRISHA, SENDING LOTS OF PRAYERS FOR YOU DEAR SWEET PUP, I KNOW HOW YOUR FEELING IT WAS THE SAME, WHEN MY LIL' PEBBLES GOT ILL!
SENDING GET WELL WISHES AND MANY BLESSING FOR YOUR SWEET GRADY!!!

XO~MARI

Tara said...

Sending Grady happy thoughts and prayers..Get well soon pooch..

Donnie said...

Hope Grady gets better soon too. We feel it so much when our loved ones are hurting. Glad the little ones could keep your mind busy for a bit.

The Tattered Cottage said...

Trisha -
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Grady. Our furry friends are so much a part of our families, that it is heart wrenching to see them hurt or suffering. Sending Grady get well prayers and hugs to you.
Toni

Libbie said...

Oh No!!! Poor Grady! It really is hard to see your pets like that!!! Hope all goes well!!!! That is just about the cuteset little sad face i have seen in awhile...& that pic with his bro cuddling in...so sweet!

Your kitchen looks cute! Love how it is turning out...that is something that would TOTALLY happen to my hubby too :) kinda funny :) The kids look like they had a great time! I could use a bite of one of those cookies right now!

good night!!!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Trisha, I will keep Grady in my thoughts and prayers, hope he will be all better really soon!
Blessings~~~ Daphne