Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Who doesn't love cream cheese?

We are having a party at work tomorrow and I am always the go to person when it comes to yummy treats. Since I had some extra cream cheese and shrimp in the fridge, I made this divine dip. Once you start eating it, you just can't stop! It's starts with a brick of cream cheese smoothed out in to the bottom of a dish. Then cut up some shrimp or use baby shrimp, and spread that on top of the cream cheese. At this point, you can add green onions, olives, avocado-whatever floats your boat. Now this is the most important ingredient-the Chili Sauce. This is the best chili sauce ever and this dip won't taste quite as good if you use another kind. It doesn't have a name, besides Homemade Chili Sauce. Spread this evenly on top of the cream cheese and shrimp. Then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
The best part comes when it is time to bust out the tortilla chips and give it a try. Make sure you get a good scoop with all layers on your chip. You probably won't be able to stop eating it once you start! Delicious!!
Another one of my favorite recipes for cream cheese is a fruit pizza. I use refrigerated sugar cookie dough and spread it evenly on a pizza pan. Put it in a 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes. Let it cool, then make the yummy cream cheese "sauce". Take 1 brick of cream cheese and mix in 1 cup of sugar. Then fold in a container of Cool Whip. Spread that over the cooled crust and top with your favorite fruit. Looks like a super healthy pizza to me!
If you have never tried these delicious cream cheese recipes-do it! I guarantee you will have some new favorites to take to your next get together and you won't look at cream cheese the same again!

4 comments:

Donnie said...

Have to save those for a lot of the get togethers we have here. I know hubby will love the shrimp one.

Libbie said...

I agree...cream cheese makes everything heavenly! Too bad I am eating super duper healthy right now (besides our Valentine's Dinner :) or I would be all over that shrimp dip!!!

Tara said...

I love anything with cream cheese..ANYTHING!!!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, I've got to try this--it looks delicious!!! How brilliant...thank you so much for sharing it! Happy Pink Saturday!!!
XO