Friday, February 18, 2011

Pink Nightstand

My bedroom is a real work in progress. I really don't have anything that matches. The nightstands that I currently have are just round wood tables covered with tablecloths-I am on a mission to find some mathching ones that I can paint and distress...hopefully the yard sale gods will be good to me this year. Here is my nightstand now-very pink-imagine that! I have a pink pashmina covering the table now, but it always changes depending on my bedspread. There is a LOVE plaque in soft colors, Romantic Wish lotion from Victoria's Secret, lip balm in a pink tin and a journal that I have been writing in off and on for the past 8 years. It holds stories of my first love and and first broken heart and everything in between. Sometimes it is fun to read it to see all the changes I have gone through in my life. It also makes me thankful to be where I am now! This beautiful angel keepsake heart was made for me by my sister. I loved it the first time I saw it and love it still. The pretty blonde angels have soft blonde hair with golden halos, sweet white wings and rosy cheeks. They are surrounded by beautiful pink roses. Still a very favorite piece of mine that I plan on keeping forever. It is special because my sister made it for me many years ago.
Inside, you will find all sorts of treasures. More angels, rosary beads, pictures, fun little trinkets, memories and who knows what else! I love keeping special things in here! I recently received a special gift from Linda at Charmed Victorian. She has some great giveaways on a pretty regular basis, so stop by her blog and say hello! Aren't these heart charm bracelets beautiful? They arrived just in time for Valentine's Day!
I made her a thank you card for her generosity. I always like to say thank you to someone if they are kind enough to give me a gift. Thank you Linda!
As I type this post, my husband is starting on our kitchen cabinet makeover. Lucky for me, he loves the white, shabby chic, vintage look too! So I am getting white kitchen cupboards this weekend! I would help, but he doesn't think I do a good job at painting such important things, so I guess I will just supervise! Can't wait to show you after pictures soon!
***
Hope everyone has a very Happy Pink Saturday! Check out all the other lovely pinks over How Sweet the Sound!

16 comments:

Maison Mutt said...

Isn't it fun creating rooms from scratch? I love it. Victoria Secret lotions are the best! My fav is Love Spell (since purple is my fav color...shhh don't tell the other Pinkies)!
Licks & Wags, Niki

Self Sagacity said...

If I could I would have two or more pink night stands, but as it is our room is mauve and I think that is the extend of what SO can handle. LOL> Happy PS

Light and Voices said...

Your sister sure is a talented lady to have painted those angels. You have this memories from one heart to another forever. How sweet it is! Happy Pink Saturday!
Joyce M

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such a sweet keepsake from your sister! Good luck with your painting project...I am doing the same thing starting tomorrow!

June said...

Hi Trisha,
I love that heart angel box your sister made!!!!!! It is definitely a treasure!
I think you are one lucky girl to have a husband that is so willing to work hard so you can have the look you love in your home. He is definitely a keeper!
Oh yes, I think keeping hydrangeas alive in that area would be such a challenge. It would take a ton of water to keep them happy. We are consistantly 10 th 12 degrees different in temps from your area. (cooler) and our nights get downright chilly at about 60 everynight in Summer. My daughter who lives in Boise planted an Endless Summer last year and was forever watering it...but so far it has survived.
I hope you are doing great dear friend, and as always, it is so awesome to hear from you!
sending hugs

Gypsea Nurse said...

I love that you are a romantic.. and have a journal..mind you ONE.. for 8 years! step to it girl!! are you a Libra by any chance?
Hehehe..
have a great weekend!
Smiles~
C

Tara said...

Hi Trisha,my handy man did our kitchen some time ago and I love it that he made it..It's special..xx

Donnie said...

What pretty things you have been able to fit on your nightstand. I also love the bracelets too.

Tania said...

That is such a lovely angel box your sister made. I too have journals since i was 15 and i to read them from time to time. It amazing how much we pour our hearts out to a book.

Char said...

Your angels are so lovely. Lots of talent there my friend. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Miss Gracie's House said...

YAY for white kitchen cabinets! LOL about spring and the snow...did you get some today...we did...I am so ready for sun:)
Have a great weekend!
Rene

pinkkandy said...

Happy Pink Saturday....hope your week is sprinkled with little blessings...and covered with grace !

Amisha said...

I love your card!

I would like to invite you join my blog party "Being Creative" starting today. I hope you join in!

Linda said...

Hi Trisha,

Thanks so much for the beautiful Thank you
card! Got it today! Glad you liked the bracelets!
Best Wishes,
Linda

mo said...

Hi Trisha, Your husband sounds like a dear. And isn't it just wonderful to have a sister to share this life with. We are lucky!

Your thank you note is precious.

*hugs*

Libbie said...

You are such a romantic! I love it! Very pretty things next to your bed!

And that bracelet!!! What an awesome giveaway! I will have to go visit her!

& yay! for the cupboards!!! Can't wait to see them when they are done!!!