Monday, February 14, 2011

My favorite Valentine

Valentine's is a special day for me, although there were times that I despised it! Three years ago today, my then boyfriend, told me that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. A week later we went shopping for a ring. A month later he proposed. A year and 3 months later we were married. He is and always will be my Favorite Valentine!My husband is always letting me "entertain" some of my crazy ideas. I decided that this year for Valentine's Day, we were going to sit at the dining room table and have a very romantic, candle lit dinner. I decorated the table in reds and roses to really set the mood. It was simple, yet lovely and we really enjoyed each others company.
On the menu was steak, garlic shrimp, twice baked potatoes, bread and wine. It was delicious! I did my best to set the prettiest table I could with what I had.
For dessert, strawberries with chocolate dip. The dip is so easy to make and so yummy to eat. Here is the recipe in case you want to try it:
Chocolate Dip
4 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup melted chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk
*Heat cream cheese in microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Whisk in milk and chocolate until combined. Serve with strawberries. Super yummy and romantic!
The only thing more I could have asked for was the dogs to do the dishes. Wishful thinking! But they are definitely a couple of my favorite Valentine's too!
Wishing everyone a very Happy Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

Libbie said...

I can't beleive those dogs didn't even pitch in! :) You sure did an awesome job making the day special!!! I was wishing for a little candlelight dinner & your menu...HEAVENLY...but I had fondue with 3 kids & my hubby, 2 of whom had brown shirts by the end of the meal :) crazy but fun & now I am just happy they are tucked into bed :)

Thanks for sharig your day Trisha! Looks fab!

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Beautiful post and thank you for sharing the chocolate dip recipe.
Hugs & Blessings ~*~ Wendy ~*~

Marty said...

Haven't talked to you in forever! Sounds like you had a great night=))

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Sounds like such a sweet and thoughtful day!

Donnie said...

What a lovely Valentine's Day you had and I loved your sweet story.

Tara said...

That's the best kind of Valeentines night..A beautiful dinner and your favourite person for company..xx

Rebecca Nelson said...

What a SWEET Valentine Post my friend. I'm sooooo glad you are happy. Life is short and all of us best get on with the living of it.

Blessings to you! I hope your day was wonderful!

xoRebecca

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hello Trisha!
Thank you for sharing your most special day with us! Think I'll be making garlic shrimp tonight! Yummers!
I wish you a gazillion more Valentine days with your sweet Cody! And your furbabies are precious!
I so appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving such kind comments too!!
Hugs and continued Blessings,
Lynn

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow,Trisha, this is so romantic!!! And wishing you unlimited Valentine's Days every day with your sweetie!!!
XO