Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Love

I have been the biggest slacker lately! Sometimes I doubt myself and wonder if my blog is really that interesting, really worth taking the time to read. But you always prove my doubt wrong and leave me wonderful comments. Thank you so much for your kind words-you all know how to make a girl feel great!! While I have been slacking blog-wise, I haven't in other areas! We got our taxes done which was a big, sad let down. I went to some training for work, and even got a little crafting and decorating in! Here is my one and only Valentine's Day project! This cute wooden heart is covered in Pink sheet music scrapbook paper. Pink and sheet music-a wonderful combonation! I sanded the edges to give it a vintage look and used some crinkled seam binding to hang it on the wall. I used a pretty pink hair flower to dress it up a bit. Pure Pink Prettiness!
I have recently decided that my big frame in the dining room will showcase something special, depending on the month and holiday. I added one of my new LOVE banners to the bottom, adding a red heart in place of the O. Love is in the air!
Here is a wall that is above the door to our garage. It's a lot of empty space. We decided to put up some shelves to dress up the wall a bit and to give me more places to display my treasures. Here it is before:
And here it is after. I added just a few things to see how I liked it, and will be adding more things very soon. I love shelves and I love having a handy husband that can do these things for me!! I am a lucky girl and very much in love!
Thanks for sticking with me even when I take an unexpected 2 week break. I truly appreciate all of you. Have a very Happy Pink Saturday and a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with lot's of love and romance!

9 comments:

Jingle said...

lovely V decorations, well done.

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Taxes ALWAYS equal big, sad letdowns! The mere that we have them in every aspect of our lives is one big sad letdown, so just know, we're all in this together!

Maybe this weekend you'll get to do some more crafting or something you really enjoy. Doesn't matter how big or small, just doing it is what matters.

The Old Parsonage said...

Love how you cozied up that space and your Valentine's heart and banner are too sweet!

Love handmade any day of the week my friend!
Leann

Donnie said...

That shelf is really a good use for that space. Happy Valentine's Day and Pink Saturday.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I love the little heart plaque!
May you have the sweetest of Pink Saturdays!

Libbie said...

You are always coming up with cute stuff! You are so creative...& YES Your blog is very interesting! :) I love my visits! If my visits are spread out it is just because I have bben so busy but otherwise I would enjoy stopping by every post :)

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Sweet music sheet heart!



~ Gabriela ~

Tara said...

Trish,never doubt yourself.I love popping by and seeing what you've been up to..xx

Anonymous said...

LOVE this project and that paper it don't happen to remember the company that made it, eh!? Thx! Marinabrola@cox.net