Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Roll Time

Last year, I decided to do something brave and make a pumpkin roll. I had never made one let alone tasted one so I was a little scared. They look hard but they are super easy and super yummy! My picky husband loves them and begs me to make them all year long!Here is the recipe:
Preheat over to 375 F
1/4 cup powered sugar (to sprinkle on the towel)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
Mix together in small bowl
In a large bowl beat together:
3 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup Libby's pumpkin
Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
Grease and flour a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan/cookie sheet
Spread mixture into pan.
It will look like this:
While it is baking for 13-15 minutes, prepare your towel by heavily spreading the powered sugar on it. This ensures the cake won't stick.
As soon as you take the cake out of the oven, transfer it to the towel leaving about an inch of the towel to start the roll.
Roll it as tight as you can in the towel and then let it cool. This time of year it is cold enough to put it outside and it cools in no time!
While it is cooling, prepare the frosting:
6 TBS softened butter
1-8 oz package cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sifted powered sugar
Cream the butter, cream cheese and vanilla together. Mix in the powered sugar and then unroll the cooled cake. Spread the frosting over the whole thing. Reroll, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
When ready to serve, cut into slices and sprinkle with a little powered sugar. I promise that this is easy to make and so delicious. Just be prepared because once you make one, you will have to make many more all pumkin roll season long!
Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Trisha, that looks SO good! Thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

That looks delicious,I'm going to give it a try..xx

Donna said...

Ok, my mouth is watering now! I make this roll too every year, and it's just so addictive!

Donna said...

Oh my gosh - I have never made a "rolled" anything because it seemed way beyond my level of baking (i.e. I am NOT good!), but I'm going to trust you that this is easy and give it a go because it looks SOOOOOO good!! Happy Halloween, TRisha!!!... Donna