Friday, October 1, 2010

Scrap Pumpkins

I saw these cute little wood scraps and just had to make some pumpkins out of them. Since I wasn't sure how they would turn out, I didn't take before, during and after pictures. They are so easy to make and turn out so cute! I just painted these wood scraps orange and sanded them a bit. Then I took little pieces of tree branches and hot glued them to the top. A few leaves were glued on after that. I had some wire that I wrapped around a marker and glued those on for the little tendrils pumpkins have.
My mother in law has tons of this scrap wood so I think I am going to be making a few sets of these cute little scrap pumpkins!
Happy October!!

7 comments:

Tara said...

They are so cute. You're very creative..xx

koralee said...

Oh my goodness are you every creative!!!!!
These are adorable.
Thanks for visiting me the other day...I love your blog...off to peek around some more. xoxoxo

The Tattered Cottage said...

Hi Trisha -
Those look adorable and simple to create. I'm all about easy crafts ;) Did you get a chance to stop by The Gatherings sale this weekend? Marilyn had a lot of Halloween displays.
Toni

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

I love love your idea. Enjoy the Halloween month, Trisha xxx

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh these are adorable!!! Fabulous idea and they turned out perfect!
Thank you so much for linking these up..it's awesome!
XO

Donna said...

What a fun project! I just love projects where you already have all of the materials on hand, great idea!

Jan Hennings said...

OH!! These are adorable!