Friday, October 8, 2010

Salvation Army Centerpieces

For the past 3 years, I have had the opportunity to make centerpieces for tables at the Salvation Army Banquet. This annual banquet raises money to support the Salvation Army and their many endeavors to help those in need. There is a dinner with a silent and live auction. Auction items vary from merchandise, pastries, quilts, and everything in between. Sometimes the cinnamon rolls go for over $100 a plate! I love having the opportunity to decorate tables and create auction items too. Here is a look at a few of the things I have made. This was the centerpiece I made in 2008. I made 3 of them and they were so glittery and so beautiful. I love the Christmas picks at Michael's!
I made 3 of these in 2009. There were 3 different centerpieces, each in a little bit of a different color.
I made a double sided wreath this year. It was supposed to be the centerpiece on a table, but instead we decided to auction it off and use the basket for the auction as the centerpiece. I don't have a picture of that, darn it!
I think this wreath sold for about $55-not too bad since it didn't cost that much to make.
Oh how I wish I had a job that required me to make centerpieces and baskets all the time. I would probably get sick of it eventually, but I think that if I got to be creative and do something different everyday, I would never get sick of it!





4 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, these are beautiful too!!!
XO

Anonymous said...

Well, why not create a job for yourself? Sell them on artfire, ebay, etsy and any other place. People will come if you make them. They are gorgeous. Start with just a couple in popular colors... pinks/whites, then fall colors... see what happens!! I love them. Very cheerful & colorful. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Tammy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

These are all lovely, Trisha! You do a really nice job! Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway!

Lindy said...

Awesome centerpieces! I love the salvation army and they are very lucky to have your input and talent!