Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gift Wrapping

This Christmas, money is really tight so we aren't able to buy gifts like we usually do (and I love to shop so it really stinks!) Instead, I used my points from different rewards programs that I am a member of to buy them gift cards. My friend Kyla calls me a points hoarder, so I did have quite a few saved up and was able to actually get something for everyone on our list! And I didn't just want to put them in an envelope, I wanted to wrap them up like a real present. I also wanted to find some vintage wrapping paper but haven't been able to find any so I made my own! I Googled "vintage Christmas wrapping paper" and found some really cute designs. I copied them and made a solid pattern of them in a word document and printed it out on legal sized paper. Since none of these presents are very big, this size is perfect!
I don't have my tree up yet (the day after Thanksgiving and not a minute sooner!) so I didn't want to wrap a bunch of presents. But I had to try it out. My teenage niece and nephew love Subway so I am pretty sure this gift card will be a big hit with them. I took an empty check box, lined it with some tissue paper and placed the card inside.
The legal sized paper fits perfectly on the check box!

Here it is all wrapped up, tied with a bow and ready to be given away! All of the other presents I wrap I plan to make a lot fancier, but this one is for my 15, almost 16 year old nephew, and as simple as it is, he will still probably think this is lame! I can't wait to wrap the rest of these-I have a lot more fun wrapping ideas in my head and I will definitely show you when I am done!

I have also been making more tags with paper roses. I love these aqua snowflake ones. I painted them with glitter paint and they turned out really cute. I see a lot of these tags in my future!

Making these tags is definitely one of my new favorite things to do!
Happy Veteran's Day tomorrow. Thank you to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country to ensure our freedom!

4 comments:

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

I love the wrappings, what a wonderful idea and your tags are gorgeous too! I think you have inspired me to add more personal touches to the gifts I give this year.

Hugs'
Catlyn

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh how precious--I love what you did for the gifts--and love the rose tags too...beautiful colors--wow!!!
XO

Linda M. said...

Trisha,

I think your gifts are wonderful. I love your gift wrap and the tags are beautiful.

Patti's Artful Design said...

Hi Trisha.......thank you for entering my "NOEL" Seashell Letter Giveaway and becoming a follower! I am going to follow you too! Have a wonderful day!