Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ben's Bells

Have you heard of Ben's Bells?  I happened to be watching a news station that I never watch and saw a story about Ben's Bells.  In honor of a little boy who died suddenly and without warning, his parents started creating these bells.  They place them all over cities and towns and when people find them, they are encouraged to take them and spread a little bit of kindness.  What a wonderful way to remember such a sweet little boy!  I never thought I would be lucky enough to find one, but yesterday I did!
Sorry for the awful picture, I took it with my phone!
 This is the Ben's Bell that I found.  I just happened to be in a neighboring town on my lunch break to visit a friend.  When leaving her subdivision, I looked at the speed limit sign and saw a flower and other colorful things hanging there.  It took me a second to register what it was, but when I finally did, I flipped my car around and ran across the street to get it.  I couldn't believe that I had found one!
The card attached to the bell tells you all about it.  I went on to their website to learn more.  Ben's Bells is actually located in Tuscon, Arizona, and I have no idea how it came to the Boise area, but I am so glad it did!  I was overcome with joy to have found a Ben's Bell and I had a little pep in my step the rest of the day!  I think that is the whole point of this project, to remind people that there is still kindness in the world.  And if you are lucky enough to be treated kindly, pay the favor back!  Now I just need to figure out how to spread some of the kindness that was given to me!




12 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I want a Ben's Bell - but I think I just got one coming over here and seeing yours. What a beautiful way to remember a special child. Thank you for sharing this. It really brought joy to my heart.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Jenny's Heart said...

Trisha,
You have such a kind heart.
Thank You for letting us know about this.

Mari said...

What a beautiful and touching post, now I want them too!!!

xo~Mari

Melissa said...

How fantastic! I wanted to drop you a line and tell you that I actually live in Tucson, and I've never found a Ben's Bell, even though I would dearly love to. What good fortune you have to find one so far away from its origin!

Denise said...

Hello, I'm your new follower.Beautiful story that touched my heart.Blessings your way-Denise

Suzanne said...

Oh Trisha, this is the sweetest thing i have heard about in a long time. Something wonderful born out of something so tragic, you know? And i'm sorry, but i think it is no coincidence that sweet Trisha from "Glass Slippers..." found one. You'll spread kindness far and wide...you already do!
Hugs,
Suzanne

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

I never heard of them before, but now will go read more about it.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Nativity. It's been on my heart for a long time to start making these. I hope to make more, along with Noah's arks!

Unknown said...

This story is too sweet! How lucky you are indeed! :) A kind of pay it forward.

Hugs,

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH this is so very sweet...thank you for sharing...

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this story is amazing! What a precious thing for them to do...and so special that you got some!!
XO
Cindy

Holly said...

Hi Trisha~
I hadn't heard of these either - that's part of what makes blogging so great is all we learn from one another. I hope you had people stop by - you certainly had lots of compliments. I am going to make them for the holidays too.
hugs!
holly

Simply Debbie said...

Dear Trish,
This is such a beautiful way to remember a child and thank you for sharing this story. I will go to her web site and read about precious Ben and his mother. How wonderful it was that you found one...you are special.
have a week full of grace and beauty
hugs