Monday, July 9, 2012

My week off in review

It is hard to believe that my week off of work went by so fast. Why can't work weeks go by like that? I didn't do as much as I had planned to do, but here are a few highlights from my week:
I put together a festive 4th of July Tablescape. Using only things I had on hand, I think it turned out very nice! You have to love the red, white & blue!
The plates and napkins are from JoAnn's. I bought them a few weeks ago hoping to use them for the 4th. Since I wasn't having my own get together, I thought I would put them to use decorating my table!
Surprisingly, I had a lot more patriotic things than I thought. The handkerchief in the middle of the table is from an event I put on at the Snake River Stampede. It was Patriot Night and Wrangler gave out red, white and blue handkerchiefs. I got the star plates at Michaels last year, had the flag toothpicks as well as the star cupcake toppers. The confetti, flags, tulle and glitter stars were in my stash. Each place setting had a mason jar to drink out of!Nope, I didn't have a party for the 4th, but I went to one at my parent's house. It was a hot day and we mostly sat on the back patio, ate, listened to the creek and tried to stay cool. The teenagers had fun posing for pictures. These are my neice and nephew, along with 2 of my cousin's kids. Hard to believe I used to babysit these kids so long ago when I was their age!
My Aunt Becky and my mom got in a game of croquet. There was also volleyball and badmitton...if you could stand the heat!
All of us girls made our way down to the creek to soak our feet in the cold water. It felt amazing! This is my sister, my cousin Katie and my Aunt Becky.
We barbequed hamburgers and had all kinds of yummy sides and desserts. This was my Red, White and Blue bundt cake that I made. It was so pretty and very tasty!
Even my dogs got in on the holiday spirit. They each wore a patriotic handkerchief around their necks. Bella didn't like the loud noises of the fireworks, but Grady didn't mind!
I got to babysit this little cutie patootie. He is getting way too big but what a good baby boy he is!
I had some movies that I wanted to watch so Cody decided to set up a little movie theatre on the patio. My table is the perfect stand for the TV. We sit on the day bed and get to watch movies and breath in the fresh summer air. What movies did I watch?
Twilight movies. I also read all 4 books on my break. Well, I read all 4 of them in 2 weeks. I never thought I would be a fan of Twilight, but I am so glad that I read them and I could barely put them down. I was Team Jacob all the way until the end. Now I can't wait for the last movie to come out. Oh no...I think I am addicted!
So, it seems I did quite a bit over my break, but nothing that I had planned. That liquor cabinet/bar hasn't seen a lick of work still. Guess I better get on that!
***
Linking up with:

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time!!! :)
And Twilight? My girls were crazy about the books lol They have them all and read them all too! :)

Hugs,

Jenny's Heart said...

YOU JUST NOW READ THE BOOKS AND WATCHED THE MOVIES!!!!! Well welcome to the addiction...lol. I am right there with ya!
Looks like you had a nice relaxing week....and after all isn't that what a vacation is for :)
X's & O's
Jenny

Sarah said...

Visiting from Rednesday ~ fun to see your patriotic table and that red, white, and blue bunt cake. How did you do that?

Tara said...

You're so creative Trisha..
I'm having a giveaway please pop over..xx

Laurel Stephens said...

Your 4th of July rocked! It sounds like you had a ton of fun. I loved reading about your childhood memories (hair on fire!) Your decorations are so festive; my faves are your wreath and the confetti. Oh and the mason jars. Well, I guess I love it all equally! I'm definitely going to make that cake next year. Sorry your week off whizzed by, but it sounds like you're enjoying your summer. Stay cool!

SueLovesCherries said...

So glad you had a relaxing vacation! That's my summer "project" - to read lots and relax! Beautiful patriotic table!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Trisha, looks like you had a fun celebration. Your bundt cake looks so festive. I hope you get some relief from the heat. I love soaking my feet in cold water. The little guy is a real doll.
Hugs,
Jann

Donna said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th, Trisha! It's been hot here, too, sure do miss WA temps!I've never read any of the Twilight books, nor saw the movies, but I did go to Forks, does that count?:)

Thoroughly Modern Me said...

Sounds like a great week off and that cake looks so yummy. I'm glad to have found your cute blog!

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Fun times! Looks like yo u have a great family. I hope you don't mind....I am pinning that cake to my Fourth of July board. Yum!!!!!!!!!