Saturday, December 14, 2013

Simple Christmas Mantle

 Cody and I just got back from driving around looking at Christmas lights.  We stopped and got some hot chocolate, listened to Christmas music and took the dogs along for the ride.  We saw a few pretty light displays and enjoyed our time together.  Now we are home watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman.  No matter how many times I have seen these movies, I always look forward to watching them this time of year!  I wanted to share with you my simply decorated Christmas mantle.

 I don't have much fancy stuff for the mantle but I like the simplicity of it.  My electric candlesticks look perfect lit up on it.  I kept the colors pretty much in the white and silver range for now.  The stockings and vintage Santa are the only color I have going on right now. 

 I made this pretty SNOW banner today and I love the way it turned out.  White cardboard stars with lace, silver and glitter is the perfect piece for my mantel.  It will stay up through January
 I can't decide what part of the banner is my favorite: the lace, the silver beads or the glitter?!
 My curvy white candle holders have a simple little spray of blue, green and white bulbs.  The framed snowflake was a gift from a friend a few years ago.  I might have to steal this idea from her!
 I got this vintage spaghetti trim Santa bank last year from my parents.  My mom has a Santa just like this and I always loved it.  She knows how special things like this are to me so she was able to find me one of my own.  He is in almost perfect condition and has a place of honor on my mantle!
 Since we now have a mantle, we needed stocking holders to hold our stockings.  These snowflake holders are from KMart and of course I love the glitter on this one.  Hopefully next year I can get new stockings.  I am thinking something with burlap and ruffles!
 I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated my mantle for this Christmas.  I think it needs more but I will wait and buy stuff for it when it is on sale after Christmas!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Your mantle is so pretty, Trisha! I love your snow garland, it turned out great! I also love the framed family photo. How did your craft show go? Hope you sold out, your creations were so pretty!

bj said...

I just love your mantel. I love the old fashioned look for Christmas.
Could you email me your address as I have something I want to send you.
bjconklin2@gmail.com
xo bj

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love the way your mantel looks and I love the santa and the snowflake picture too. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Julie at Julie's Lifestyle