Friday, March 20, 2015

New Office Makeover and Tour

We did a little rearranging at work recently.  Since our boss is moving on to a fabulous new job at the botanical gardens, we thought we would move around ourselves.  Yesterday and today, I spent time moving my office back and giving this space a nice and easy yet much needed makeover.  
Please don't mind the cords, they will be tucked away on Monday, but I couldn't wait to show you my new office.  This is the view from the doorway.  It is not a completely closed in office, I have pony wall in front of me where I can see into the entryway.  The window you see here looks into the hallway and is across the hall from my craft closet. 
 I had a lot of fun decorating this space. A lot of the stuff I already had and some of it is new.  I wanted to make this space feel homey and beautiful at the same time.  Of course having some of my favorite pictures hanging on the wall is the best way to go!
This wall has my creations on it.  The cone wreath on top and Paris banner down below were made years ago and have followed me.  The framed paper flowers in the middle I just made yesterday after seeing something very similar at Target this week. This is my take on it and the only thing I had to buy was the frame for $1.50 at the thrift store!
A closer look at my Paris banner.  All of these components were found at work so it didn't cost me a thing...the coffee filter flowers are my favorite part of this! 
I had to pick something up at Rite Aid this week and browsed the gardening section while there.  They had these super cute white birdcages in 3 different sizes.  They also happened to be 50% off!  I picked up the smallest one and paid $5 for it.  I should go get all three sizes.  I wanted to make a light out of it so I put some white lights in it and added some flowers to it.  I want to hang it from the ceiling but I am not tall enough to do that but I will find someone tall enough to hang it soon!   I also took apart some of the silk roses and layered the petals on the lights.  I used to do this in college in my dorm room and it always looked so romantic and pretty.
 I have this pretty metal aqua container that I have placed some flowers in.  It helps hide the plug in.
I got this rug from Kohl's, using Kohl's cash that I earned.  It is at the foot of my desk. 
I also got this memo board from Kohl's.  I love the Eiffel Tower in the corner and the twine bows.  It is the perfect spot to hold special mementos. 
Cody painted this file cabinet for me awhile ago.  The colors aren't quite what I had in mind, but it is way better than the mustard gold color it used to be! 
And I still have this big spot on the wall left to decorate.  One lonely little mirror is all I have hanging right now.  Yard sales and thrift stores, I hope you have something fabulous for me to hang here! 
This is the view I get to see out my window.  Spring is definitely here and the trees are starting to blossom.  This window opens and lets in a nice breeze.  I can hear students chatting, birds chirping, dogs barking and life going on all around me.  I am so happy to be in this office! 
I hope you enjoyed the tour of my new office.  I will be sure to show you any of the other fun stuff I get done to it, but now I better get to work!

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a fun new office you have there, Trisha. It really gives you a whole fresh outlook even on your job when you get to change things around and make them your own. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

Donna said...

I really love how you've decorated your office space and made it your own, Trisha! Love the Paris banner, and the rug is tre chic, as is the memo board! Your idea of adding lights to the silk roses is so neat. And you are lucky to have a window and a view!! Thanks for the tour! Oh, and I love your framed flowers!

bj said...

What a great decorating job you did on your office. I love it..so girly and pretty...you are so good at this kind of thing. :)

Robin Johnson said...

It's always fun to mix things up isn't it. Looks like your office is enjoy the change up too. Great job.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So nice you can decorate your office to suit your personality...makes for a pretty and comfortable space to get work done! And windows, too? So nice!

Jacqueline said...

Trisha, what fun decor you have chosen! It just tells so much about you! How lucky you are to have such a pretty space to work. I am sure it will inspire you and others too!

Jenny's Heart said...

Suits you to a tee.
Every bit is lovely.

Laurie said...

Love what you did with your office! Thank you for sharing with us at Brag About It on VMG206! Hope you'll join us again next week!
~Laurie

Pondside said...

I love the way you've made it your very own - a reflection of the things that you love and that inspire you, collecting the bits and pieces little by little.
Visiting from Charm of Home.

Cheryl said...

Love the decorating!! Hope you find something to fill the space on that wall. :0)

Cheryl said...

Love the decorating!! Hope you find something to fill the space on that wall. :0)

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So nice to make it a space you'll enjoy working, looks great!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Such a fun space Trisha! I love the mat, the Paris banner, and the new birdcage. It's always wonderful to be surrounded by the things we love! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann