Monday, July 13, 2015

Fresh cut lavender

Remember back in the spring when I got a beautiful, fragrant bouquet of lilacs at work?  Well today, I have a beautiful, fragrant bouquet of fresh lavender!  And yes, this is from work as well!  The founder of this college was a botanist and this campus is full of lots of pretty flowers, foliage, plants and trees.  I take full advantage of all that mother nature has to offer me here at work.
The bees were buzzing all around so I didn't get too crazy...I didn't want to get a bee sting after all.  I hung this pretty little bouquet on one side of my Paris banner and as you can see, I am going to have to go cut some more for the other side!  It has a slight cat pee smell, but I really only smell that on my hands. When I googled it, it said some kinds do smell like that...great!  But it's pretty!
One of these days when we get our forever home, I will grow a lovely bunch of lavender in my yard.  It will be mine, all mine!

4 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

Love, love, love fresh cut lavender. Yum!

Jeanine

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww I love lavender and it looks pretty with your banner!

Donna said...

Your banner is so cute, Trisha! I love lavender, it smells so amazing. Just wish I had better luck growing it!

Stephanie said...

Your lavender looks so pretty next to your banner and I bet is smells delightful too :)

Hugs and blessings!