Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Beautiful Bathroom Window

We are slowly but surely making our new house into our home.  The first thing we tackled was the master bathroom.  It's still a work in progress, but I wanted to give you a sneak peak of my window. 
We painted the bathroom Thanksgiving weekend, a color called Icicles from Home Depot.  I wanted to make this bathroom Farmhouse Chic and this color just seemed perfect.  This is the window before we had done anything to it. 
After the paint, we replaced the floor.  Who puts carpet in a bathroom?!  We ripped it up and Cody laid down square pieces of linoleum.  It looks amazing and I can't wait to show you the floor.  We also put some barnwood on the bathtub surround and stained it.  It looks amazing! 
Cody is the one that does all of that stuff of course, but I am the one that gets to make it look pretty.  I made this banner for the window and I love how it turned out.  I made a rag garland with some white linen and then added this banner that I hand lettered.  It fits perfectly over the window. 
Even though it is frosted glass, I still felt it needed a curtain.  I bought a small drop cloth and glued a piece over to slip the curtain rod in.  It matches so well with the garland.  This corner of the bathroom might be my favorite part! 
My farmhouse chic bathroom needed a chandelier over the tub of course.  Maybe one of these nights I will even light some candles in it! 
I am loving this bathroom makeover and I can't wait to be completely done so I can show you all of it.  We still need to paint the cabinets and the trim around the mirrors white, hang some shelves and put moulding around the floor.  Cody is currently putting down flooring in our other bathroom so this bathroom will be finished after that one is done.  It's going to look amazing! 
Linking up with:

21 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So sweet. I love what you did with the window. xoxo Su

Snap said...

Love your window and the BATH garland.

Unknown said...

Definitely pretty!! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your BATH garland is sweet and I love the window! Sounds very pretty. Cannot wait to see the end result! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Romantic Country Living said...

It looks wonderful! Can't wait to see all the other details on the new home as they come along. :)

Beth in NEPA said...

What a wonderful bathroom! Looks so inviting

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow your bathroom looks so nice!
Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Hi, I'm Kelly and I'm visiting from Roses of Inspiration.

What a beautiful bathroom, it looks so calming. I look forward to seeing future changes/updates.

Ashley said...

Your changes to your bathroom are very lovely. :)

Love,
Ashley
creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

doodles n daydreams said...

It looks great, clever you :)

Diana

Patty Sumner said...

Beautiful redo.. I love the bath banner! Looking forward to seeing the tub and floor.... I am following along! Blessings!

Laurel Stephens said...

Cutest window ever! :)

Stephanie said...

Well, if that isn't just the sweetest! And the chandelier is perfect.

Thanks for joining Roses of Inspiration. It's always a joy to have you at the party. Hugs!

Tamara said...

it's all so pretty.. the banner is charming!

blessings,
Tamara <3

JES said...

Lovely! I am sure it is a blessing to enter every time! I love the white cottage look and the darling banner! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays Trisha! :)

CatieAn said...

Hi there. I love your bathroom window. It is so sweet. I took the chance to browse your blog the last hour and really enjoyed everything. Sending you a shout out from up here in Spokane. I am a happy new follower.

Art and Sand said...

Your bathroom is looking lovely.

And yes, who puts carpet in a bathroom. When we moved into our house, there was Berber carpeting throughout. We ripped it up and found the original hexagon tiles in the bathroom. The dining room had linoleum beneath the carpet, but beneath the linoleum were the original oak floors. Go figure!

Linda Walker said...

Love the banner idea for the bathroom! Very sweet!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Unknown said...

Perfect! That window is so dreamy! Thanks for sharing with us at Create - Share - Inspire Link Party. Hope we'll get to see more of your work!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a beautiful window! Love the sweet banner and the light and airy feeling. So refreshing.

June said...

Trisha, this is beautiful! So many lovely details in this space. You must love it more and more every time you walk in it!
I hope you have a great week over there :)))
sending hugs...