Monday, August 15, 2016

Challenge: Box Makeover

I love a good challenge!  We have had these odd boxes in our office forever.  I am not sure what they were used for but when our science building was remodeled a few years ago, our department was given these in hopes that we could find something to do with them.  They've sat for awhile unused and unloved.  Last week, I finally decided to do something with them.
As you can see, they are pretty neat little boxes. Look at those dovetail joints!  They are just fine as is but I wanted to make them fit into my office just a little bit better.  So a light coat of Peony Pink paint and some decopauged roses later... 
 I now have these perfect little card holders!  I love cards--thank you cards, thinking of you cards, any card really. 
I just searched Google images for some pretty roses, printed them and cut them out.  I tried to do the packaging tape image transfer, but the paper just slid off the tape instead of sticking to it.  So instead a little mod podge and voila! 
These cards fit perfectly in this box so I can see what I have.  While I was at it, I also painted a different box and added a matching image to hold cards that were given to me.  Now this sweet grouping sits on a shelf in my office and looks like it belongs.  Challenge accepted and challenge won!  What would you do with one of these boxes?  Want one of your own?  Tell me what you would do and I will pick someone to send one to!
In other news, last week was my county fair and I won 6 ribbons!  Three 2nd place red ribbons for portrait, pet and snapshot photography, and two 1st place blue ribbons for professional and black & white photography.  My chocolate chip cookies also won 2nd place! 

Linking up with:

8 comments:

bj said...

how adorable...you are so good at this sort of thing...and i love the idea that you have a handy place for all the cards...good job, American Honey. xoxo

The Stonybrook House said...

Those boxes are so versatile! And congrats on the ribbons.. so fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Dishing It & Digging It! We enjoy your projects every week! :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a pretty idea for using those boxes. I love cards too. Congrats on your many wins! My niece always wins at our fair grounds for her crochet doilies. Thanks for sharing with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

SO CUTE! :) Love how this turned out!

Would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Wonderful project and fabulous how they turned out. It is so useful too, plus pretty. Love how you decoupaged them. I need to do more of this. Congrats on winning the ribbons. Thank you Trisha, as always for sharing your creativity at DI&DI.

Art and Sand said...

Your boxes are so cute!

Thanks for sharing with SYC.

JES said...

Your boxes came out beautiful and so many wonderful ways you can use them! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

ijoasri said...

Great creativity, good article