Saturday, October 3, 2015

Teacup Exchange

What's the best way to help add something to your collection?  Join an exchange!  I joined Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose for her latest teacup exchange.  I only have 8 teacups in my little collection, but I am slowly adding to it and it is so much fun!
All the way from New Zealand came a package just for me!  Shane from Roses, Lace & Brocante sent me this beautiful teacup with sweet yellow and purple flowers and a pretty green trim.  I don't have any in this color so it's perfect! 
She sent a fun New Zealand tea towel, cupcake papers and picks, gingerbread, chocolate fish and a beautiful shabby chic style magazine.  I can't understand the words, but I can understand the beautiful images inside! 
This is a Royal Albert tea cup and is so dainty and sweet.  I need to get something soon so that my little collection can be out on full display for everyone to see. Thank you Shane for such a wonderful and generous exchange!
I sent a teacup to Kelly from Dreaming of Vintage.  I had the hardest time finding the right teacup and when I finally saw this one, I knew it was the one I'd been waiting for! 
The pretty pastel colors are so unique and the little flower painted on the inside of the cup sealed the deal.  Kelly says that in the sunlight, the cup glistens! 
There wasn't any real mark on the bottom to tell you the brand of this cup so I am not sure who made it.  I just know that it is a lovely little set! 
I also made her some tags using upholstery webbing from an old, old chair that I salvaged.  The age on the webbing is very neat and is pretty stiff still so it worked great for these tags. 
I hope you enjoyed your goodies Kelly and thank you Stephanie for the wonderful teacup exchange!

Look what I found!  I have been wanting some of these vintage metal chairs for awhile and when a friend posted her mother-in-laws yard sale on Facebook with a picture of 4 of these, I told her I would take them right away!  This will be a fun winter project for Cody and I, we just need to decide on a color!

Linking up with:

16 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hi Trisha. I am finally back blogging and visiting. Those are BOTH sweet cups. I have never seen anything like the one you found.
I grew up with those metal chairs on our front porch. Wish I had them now. Can't wait to see yours redone. xo Diana

Bernideen said...

First of all - great chairs. Your teacup you received with the violets and primroses is lovely. The other items are great fun and what you sent was a lovely teacup too! Glad to have you sharing at "Friends Sharing Tea"!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Trisha,
What fun chairs and a great project ahead! Your teacup from New Zealand is adorable and I love the colours in the one you sent. I'm so happy to have you join me for Tea Time. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Margie said...

How exciting to receive a package all the way from New Zealand! Love the cheery yellow flowers of the RA teacup and the rainbow swirl pattern of the teacup that you sent to Kelly. Can't wait for Stephanie's teacup reveal next week!

Deborah Montgomery said...

I did a magazine exchange with Shane from New Zealand last year. What a special package she sent you. I love that teacup. Just beautiful! And the one you picked out is very pretty, too, with all the pastel colors. The teacup exchange was so fun to do!
(I'm visiting from Sandi's tea party today.)

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Lovely tea cup and goodies from Shane! I just love the beautiful tea cup you sent me Trisha. I've already used it with ALL the tea you sent me. All were delicious! Thanks again Trisha!

Donna said...

What a beautiful tea cup you received, Trisha! All the way from New Zealand makes it even more special!! You'll have to get a curio shelf or something to display your growing collection. What a score on the vintage chairs! Looking forward to seeing what color you come up with. I see them in a bright glossy aqua, so retro!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow what a beautiful tea cup and goodies you received from the tea cup exchange. It's so much fun and Stephanie does a great job with organizing it. Enjoy.
Julie xo

Stephanie said...

{{sigh}} What an incredibly beautiful tea cup from Shane! Isn't she a sweetheart?! You were indeed blessed with a lovely tea package and each item is extra sweet and wonderful :)

And the items you sent to Kelly are divine! The tea cup is very unique, my friend. I have never seen one quite like it.

Thank you, Trisha, for joining the tea cup and mug exchange. It was truly a joy to have you along for the adventure :) Hugs and blessings to you!

Sue said...

Hi Trisha
Your gifts from Shane are so lovely, the pansy design is beautiful, I enjoy planting pansies in the fall to enjoy through the winter!
What a beautiful tea cup and saucer you sent to Kelly, and the tags are too!
I am so jealous over you chair finds, I too have been wanting to find vintage metal chairs, Good luck with the project!
Blessings,
Sue

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Trisha
I'm so happy you like the tea cup I sent you!
It was a real pleasure finding other Kiwi bits to give you a flavour of New Zealand.
The cup you sent Kelly was so sweet!
You created such a beautiful post.
Hugs
Shane x

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What wonderful treasures coming and going!

I think your new teacup is so perfect for around Eastertime, I bet you do all sorts of posts of it again then!

This swap was my first time and it was so much fun - won't be my last!

Happy tea sippin!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Shane's teacup to you is simply so pretty!!! I love its green color!
The teacup you sent your partner is also very pretty and unique! I don't think I've ever seen one like it!!! Have a great week!

Kim said...

Be still my beating heart....how gorgeous is your new tea cup. Those sweet flowers are singing the most lyrical of Spring songs. AND......the tea cup you gifted....I love those pretty pastel colours swirling and blending into each other. Just gorgeous!!

Ashley said...

What gorgeous teacups you received and gave!!! I'm so glad you were able to participate. I too, enjoyed the tea cup exchange. :)

Love,
Ashley
creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

Red Rose Alley said...

I enjoy seeing Stephanie's Tea Cup Exchanges. Although I've never participated, I still love to see all the pretty tea cups. This green tea cup with the yellow flowers is lovely, and how special coming all the way from New Zealand.

~Sheri