Sunday, November 15, 2015

My bare minimum Fall decorating

Moving in the middle of my favorite season-Fall-means that I haven't done much Fall decorating and that makes me sad.  So today I did just a tiny bit of decorating so that I could be happy!
This crate was a thrift store find that I painted white.  I knew these brown bottles would fit perfectly in it and I just added some pine cones, red mums and a little burlap banner to it.   Now my mantle is a little more festive and fun.
I found this Thanksgiving table cloth at a yard sale this summer and was glad when I remembered I had it.  It fits perfectly on my table when there are no leafs in it.  The cornucopia napkin holder and salt & pepper shakers are the perfect centerpiece. 
A wreath my mother-in-law gave me a few years ago for my birthday is on my front door to greet any guests. 
And this little vintage fruit crate has an assortment of pumpkins in it.  The little picket fence piece behind it is the perfect touch for a sweet outdoor vignette.  I think the scattered leaves and pine needles just add a bit more charm. 
So there you have it, my bare minimum Fall decorating.  I better start looking for my Christmas decorations now so that I am ready to get them all up the day after Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Trisha,
I love your fall decor inside and outside of your house. Yes we will soon be decorating for Christmas!
Wishing you a wonderful week.
Julie xo

JES said...

I love the sweet simplicity of your vignettes. Thank you for sharing your pretty posts on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth. Have a lovely week of family and fellowship :)