Monday, May 30, 2016

Dreamy Weekend Projects

We practically lived outside this weekend and I am sad to see it end.  But we got a lot done and are feeling pretty proud of our accomplishments.  I picked up Hostas at Lowe's, they were on sale for 3 for $10.  I love Hostas and have the perfect place for them out front, just under the living room window.  I can't wait to see how big and beautiful they grow!
I started a little vintage container garden area in a front corner of the yard.  So far I have my Radio Flyer Wagon out there with some alyssum and other flowers, a galvanized tin bucket filled with a Hosta and bright pink dianthus (left over from last year I might add!) and a coal bucket with big, tall marigolds.  I want to find some more things to add to this corner, Cody said I can use an old wheelbarrow that we have and I can fill with all kinds of pretty flowers.
We also worked on some fun things for the front of the yard where we seem to spend most of our time.  It is quickly becoming our own little oasis.  I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew that I wanted to do it.  I bought the planters and hooks at Lowe's and they also had their hanging flower baskets on sale for 2 for $10.  Cody did all the dirt filling and 2 by 4 setting, screwed in the hooks and made my vision come true.  We got 4 done today on this side and will add more to the other side soon.
 
See what I mean about our little oasis?  I got the spools from my dad (he is a telephone guy and has tons of these but would only give me 3) and Cody took them over as a new table and chairs.  I guess I won't be making a clock for my living room with them as I had originally planned.  But I love how they fit right here so it's okay. 
Here is what it looks like when it starts to get dark outside and the lights are on.  I took this picture with my phone so it's a little grainy, but you get to see just how dreamy this little space is!  I can't wait to have friends over to enjoy our oasis at night.

And my most favorite part of this weekend?  We finally got my hammock hung up!  I spent a lot of time in it today between loads of laundry.  My dryer is broken so I was hanging my clothes out to dry on the line.  I read my book, sipped on sun tea and enjoyed the peaceful, beautiful day.  It's a 2 person hammock and Cody and I tried it out today, I think we will be spending a lot of time in this thing! 
I hope everyone had a wonderful, long weekend and that you were able to reflect and remember those we've lost, however you choose to do so!

Linking up with:


13 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sounds like a lovely and productive weekend, Trisha. You have some very cute ideas for planting your flowers. I love the red wagon! Thanks so much for sharing with us and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jennifer said...

Your outdoor space at night is magical! I would love to sit there to watch fireflies and relax. So sweet! Thanks for linking up to Dishing It! & Digging It!

Pondside said...

What a pretty oasis you've created. I've always wanted a hammock. It looks like you've found the perfect place for yours.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a great way to display hanging plants and lights. Your oasis is looking so cozy, it's no wonder you want to spend so much relaxing time outdoors. Thank you for linking up your oasis at Talk of the Town.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Loving the space, and that hammock. I need a hammock in my life :-)

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Trisha,
Your outdoor space is so nice. I like the vintage planting area and the way everything looks at night. I hope you have a fun summer and enjoy it there.
Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
Enjoy the weekend.
Julie xo

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Thank you so much for sharing this pretty and inspirational beauty with us at Thoughts Of Home on Thursday!
Jemma

Unknown said...

Everything looks so great! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Laura said...

I love that feeling of working hard in the yard and seeing the results of that hard work.
Your garden is lovely!
Thank you for being at Thoughts of Home.

Laura

JES said...

Everything looks so pretty and inviting! Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Trisha, you have created a sweet spot for relaxing. Hammocks are great! It reminds me to buy another one for our frame. As always, thanks so much for sharing your piece of paradise at DI&DI. Happy Sunday.

Stacey said...

It is an oasis! The lights make all the difference.

Enjoy. :) Happy TOHOT.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh that wee red wagon is so sweet in your cute garden.

Happy Friday!