Thursday, July 8, 2010

Weekend Projects

I have a few projects that I hope I have enough time to work on this weekend. I have a super busy weekend planned, so it will be a small miracle if I get a chance to get to them. The first one is this old window I picked up for $2!! It has faux stained glass that is peeling off, but that isn't what I wanted it for anyway. I will probably peel off all of the faux stained glass and then try to come up with something super cute to go on the glass. There were 2 of these for sale-my mother in law got the other one so I am excited to see what she comes up with.
As much as I like the bright green color, I think I will have to paint it white. I might let a little of the green show through, but I will just have to see. I think my favorite part of this window is the latch. I wonder if the window my mother in law has is the other part to the latch-now I am going to have to check hers out!I found this cabinet on Craigslist for a steal. It is a weird red-orange color that I don't like, so it too will be painted white. I love the chicken wire on the front. I have so many ideas for this-paint the outside white with the inside of the shelves the same red color as my kitchen and find somewhere in my kitchen to put it. I think it would make a great recipe book shelf or it could hold other kitchen treasures. Or I could paint it white on the outside with the trim the same color as my bedroom walls or vise versa and put it in my bedroom. There are so many different things I could do! Or I could paint it and sell it too...

Excuse the background-the garage-this seems to be where all of our projects end up. I can think of at least 5 more waiting for me to finish right this second.


You may get to see after pictures of these two projects very soon, possibly this weekend. That is if I can find time between grocery shopping, our softball team BBQ, cleaning the house, doing laundry, planting more flowers, Wine Tasting Jimmy Buffett style at Ste Chapelle Winery, etc. etc. etc...oh-and don't forget I have to hit a few yard sales too!

Wish me luck or at least lot's of energy!



No comments: